Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the nationwide race Sunday at Iowa Speedway and looked at the entry list and it showed Kyle Larson wont be there, which is a major bummer. Other than Ty Dillon he was the one i was most looking forward too. Granted they are letting Dylan Kwasniewski race the #42 which is cool cause i love Dylan, but i dont see why Larson cant race, he races in the Sprint Showdown Saturday night but there is plenty of time still. Sucks but i guess i can focus on meeting Ty Dillon & Elliott Sadler lol.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
Sorry to hear that for your sake.

I didn't realize Nationwide was on Sunday. That totally changes my possible tentative plans to go to an amusement park Sunday (not sure that was happening anyway).

But, back on topic, odd........I thought Kyle was running the full Nationwide schedule. I guess since you can't run for points in both series (thankfully) that's why. However, like you said, it could be done, the All Star race is Saturday night (which he might not even be in). I heard the Showdown or whatever they call it now is actually Friday night, not sure how true that is.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
I've heard some rumors Kyle is starting to toss the idea of a couple Sprint Car races around at Ganassi. Now I doubt this announcement had much to do with that.... Just thought it should be mentioned.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
I'm going to the nationwide race Sunday at Iowa Speedway and looked at the entry list and it showed Kyle Larson wont be there, which is a major bummer. Other than Ty Dillon he was the one i was most looking forward too. Granted they are letting Dylan Kwasniewski race the #42 which is cool cause i love Dylan, but i dont see why Larson cant race, he races in the Sprint Showdown Saturday night but there is plenty of time still. Sucks but i guess i can focus on meeting Ty Dillon & Elliott Sadler lol.
Don't forget that Elliott guy... I hear he can drive every now and then.... Get his truck off ebay if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Sorry to hear that for your sake.

I didn't realize Nationwide was on Sunday. That totally changes my possible tentative plans to go to an amusement park Sunday (not sure that was happening anyway).

But, back on topic, odd........I thought Kyle was running the full Nationwide schedule. I guess since you can't run for points in both series (thankfully) that's why. However, like you said, it could be done, the All Star race is Saturday night (which he might not even be in). I heard the Showdown or whatever they call it now is actually Friday night, not sure how true that is.
A couple things to clear up, the Showdown is Friday night. Kyle is racing only Nationwide when both are at the same track.

·
Premium Member
12,378 Posts
It should be a good race and we have to take what's there.

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
McDriver is in the 20, Conley in the 33 and Theriault is in the 5. You should watch them too.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Maybe he realized it's the Nationwide Series, and is all for giving some other drivers a chance? Maybe it'll start a trend, hopefully.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
@Dillon3
Everyone already knew Larson would not be in the #42 at Iowa, it was common knowledge, Larson and the team stated he would not under any circumstances run any Nationwide stand alone events, he would only run Nationwide events that are being run in companion (at the same track, the same weekend) as the Sprint Cup series. This was announced at the very beginning of the season if not before.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Maybe Cup drivers will race less and less in the Nationwide series. As a fan of NASCAR as a whole, I hate it. I wasn't too thrilled about his California win. Now the next day I was pulling for him. The drivers who run both series are taking away the future of the sport

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Maybe Cup drivers will race less and less in the Nationwide series. As a fan of NASCAR as a whole, I hate it. I wasn't too thrilled about his California win. Now the next day I was pulling for him. The drivers who run both series are taking away the future of the sport
Rookies I feel are in a different class, I don't see the issue with them racing in both series at all (I don't see alot of issues in general but if we are going to pick apart this situation then that's my thoughts). There are some tracks either hasn't ran much, or done much on...it isn't going to take away from someone else getting that ride for him anyway.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Rookies I feel are in a different class, I don't see the issue with them racing in both series at all (I don't see alot of issues in general but if we are going to pick apart this situation then that's my thoughts). There are some tracks either hasn't ran much, or done much on...it isn't going to take away from someone else getting that ride for him anyway.
I can see the "he's a rookie, he needs experience" thought, but if he needs it then he should have stayed another year in Nationwide, even though he did great last year. Cup drivers overshadowed the Nationwide drivers, with only 3 races being won by them.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, I just kinda typed my thoughts as they came

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
@ajdinger22 Until NASCAR changes the rules it won't happen. I don't foresee NASCAR doing that anytime soon though. I am in favor of a rule that limits competitors to a certain number of NASCAR events between all series. For instance limiting drivers to 40 events between all national series, so after running a full cup schedule, they could run upto 4 races between trucks, nationwide, east, west and modifieds. Drivers running in Nationwide could run 7 events between cup, trucks and lower series. Truck series drivers could run up to 18 races in other series.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
I can see the "he's a rookie, he needs experience" thought, but if he needs it then he should have stayed another year in Nationwide, even though he did great last year. Cup drivers overshadowed the Nationwide drivers, with only 3 races being won by them.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, I just kinda typed my thoughts as they came
Wasn't really up to him to call the shots in that deal, you can thank Target/CGR for moving him up. It's not that he needed all this help but it was more of a lets get him a few more laps just to make sure we got him where we want.

4 out of 9 races have been one by a Nationwide driver, 5 almost if you include Larson. I don't really call that being overshadowed considering Chase drove by Harvick like a wild man, Darlington showed him being class of the field. Larson raced hard with both Busch/Harvick to hold them off and Regan/Sadler both drove smart races.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
I actually don't care the cup guys are in NNS. My issue is 100% who they drive for. If these cup guys stepped into a Nationwide ride instead of a cup lite team of Penske, Gibbs, JRM I'd have more respect for them. I actually slightly pulled for Kyle when he drove the #54 when he owned it. I thought it was cool Kurt won in it. In the past McMurray drove for Brewco and other NNS teams. Same thing for Biffle, Denny, Burton, and others.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
Ah, a Nationwide race with ZERO cup drivers, and a few young up and comers tossed in the mix. This should be heaven. Can Sunday get here sooner?

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
It sucks that you won't be able to meet Larson, so hopefully another opportunity comes around for you. On a positive note, at least there'll be no cup guys in the race.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts