Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if anyone else has seen these in target before but they are preety cool. You get one action car, sealed in a box along with 3 packs of nascar cards for $9.99, there is about 10 different cars you can get including earnhardt, jr, gordon, even richard petty, a very cool deal and a cheap price. i picked up one just to see what car i could have gotten, low and behold it was an 02 harvick mint in its original packaging. just wanted to give you guys a heads up and oh i almost forgot you can find em near the cards section of the store. Also an fyi i checked the regular diecast stuff and found only gordos, johnsons and jrs left on the pegs with those dumb coins.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
would you happen to have a pic of what the box looked like? im gonna have to look for that

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
The box is black. They always have a couple at my Target. I never bought one though, but I'm curious to see what one of the diecasts looks like.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I have never seen a set, will look next week.

How much are they and would you be willing to grab me a pack?

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I think what they are talking about is the AP brand 1/64 cars. Those were flat on the cars, no beer logos.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I've seen them before, I didn't pick one up but I know what your talking about. The last time I've seen these though were about 2-3 years ago. I haven't seen them anywhere recently.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Interesting. Kind of like pot luck with the car then.

I am just trying to get a pic of the car, to see if I already have it. If it is a two or three year old promotion then chances are I have one from somewhere else and just did not know where it originated.

But I will not know for sure until I see how the cars a packaged. I am picturing the promo blister packs like the ones we were talking about last week. Wheels down on a card.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I have seen those boxes plenty of times. And Blacker, to help you out, the Gordon car that comes in that box is the Elmo one I think. A pic of that car is on the side of the box if I remember right.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I would like to see that one. The ELMO car was not a real race car, it was one of his Foundation promotional cars. I have never seen it in the traditional AP cheapo packaging.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
I bought one of them once. It's all diffrent stuff, leftovers at the factory. No exclusives.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts