Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone told me the team caliber 1/18 pitstops trunk do not open. And i happen to have a 1/18 kenseth with the trunk opening. I think this may be a rare preferred 1/18 its stamped team caliber

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I have never seen any Team Caliber made in any scales other than 1/24 or 1/64. If you can produce a picture of one or a link to one for sale on Ebay, I would like to see it.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
What was the version of TC cars that went for sale in Wal-Mart and K-Mart? They made 1/18 in them, and they were essentually Pit Stops, but they used a different name for them.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Then it could very well be a Preferred version in 1/18, since it was made as a promo.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Roush16Racing said:
Perhaps they were re-branded under Motorworks?
That's the name I was looking for. I believe that TC made 1/18 Motorworks car for sales at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
diecastjunkie17 said:
let me get the camera so all can see!
what ever came of the picture?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here they are guys sorry for long delay.When you own a plumbing buisness its tough to have hobbys!Here you can clearly see team caliber on bottom of diecast

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
diecastjunkie17 said:
Also has 2003 winston cup champion on the rear trunk hood!
That's definately a Preferred. Very very nice piece. You say you have no packaging for it huh?
I have never seen a Motorworks car close enough to see what's on the bottom, but I can't imagine it would be as detailed as this car. Can ya post some pics in the engine compartment and in the trunk area? I am curious of the level of detail there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For what it's worth, I bought the Motorworks 1/18th scale #17 kit from Wal-Mart. If I remember correctly, there was some assembly required. These pictures look identical to my car which also has Team Caliber, Inc stamped on the chassis. The chassis is plastic and the trunk does open. The only thing I didn't like about it was the lack of tail-light decals on the back of the car, which seems to be an old Team-Caliber thing.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Is the whole chassis plastic? On the Preferreds, the chassis is metal, and the floor pan is plastic, as opposed to the Owners where the chassis and the floor pans are metal. On the Motorworks car, is the engine plumbed etc. like a preferred? Or is it like a Team Caliber Pit Stop?

·
Registered
67 Posts
On my Motorworks version, the whole chassis is plastic. The engine doesn't have any hoses or wires. The window net is hard plastic. One thing I thought was cool at the time was that the steering wheel actually turned the front tires. I ran across the 1/24 version of this same car from Motorworks a few months ago at Big Lots, it also has Team Caliber stamped on its chassis. I never made the Motorworks-Team Caliber connection before now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts