Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sunday Money
2,274 Posts
The good old days of this hobby. Team Caliber only produced the First Choice Series in 2003 and 2004. The best detailed NASCAR die-cast ever mass produced. The engine detail is very impressive. Demand wouldn’t support the $150 retail price point at the time and Team Caliber ( Jack Roush) stopped production of this Series.

Team Caliber First Choice (TCFC) Custom … Kenseth 2001 9-11 Flag Car … authentically produced as raced … added an Owners Series 9-11 box to add even more to commemorate and respect the fallen.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood Car

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system

·
Sunday Money
2,274 Posts
I still have not tried out a Preferred series yet. I need to pick one of those up along with a Pit Stop to check them out.
Team Caliber produced die-casts for select drivers from 1999 through 2006 when it was sold to Motorsports Authentics (current day Lionel).

Detail and quality level ..high to low

Team Caliber First Choice Series (2003 - 2004)​

Team Caliber Owner's Series was comparable to Action Elites.​

Team Caliber Preferred Series was comparable to the standard Action die-cast (commonly referenced as ARC).​

Team Caliber Pit Stop Series was comparable to Action Winner's Circle.​

·
Sunday Money
2,274 Posts
Enjoy the hunt …. let the journey show you the way.

My journey wanted another challenge and decided to hunt down all 17 produced of Rusty Wallace’s White Good Elites (25-30 produced) ... two years of “fun”. (y)
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Alcoholic beverage Souvenir

Nothing unreasonable about enjoying the hobby as you choose; hopefully, within a responsible budget as this hobby can become addictive. 🤩

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, it will take me awhile. And I really don’t want to spend over $100 for any, so that does mean some will be Owners Series instead ( good example is the Edwards WFG car; TCFC is too much for my budget, so I will find an OS instead).

·
Sunday Money
2,274 Posts
Yep, it will take me awhile. And I really don’t want to spend over $100 for any, so that does mean some will be Owners Series instead ( good example is the Edwards WFG car; TCFC is too much for my budget, so I will find an OS instead).
Persistence and patience is usually rewarded in this hobby ..... I ignore seller's who "fish" (list for high prices and never sell) on ebaY ... no cost to list and re-list and re-list and re-list and re-list ... no downside for them to "fish".

With 250 produced, a reasonably priced Edwards TCFC WFG car will surface eventually. "Right place, right time Buy it Now" moments are special ...over the years I have acquired numerous high-end die-cast for well below market price from ignorant sellers ... all part of the game ... buyers always determine market price. Being a tenacious "hunter" increases your odds long term and adds to the fun too.

I admire you have a budget ..many get caught up in the moment emotionally ..."win at any cost" and over pay ...which is why I always snipe bid my top price with 3-4 seconds before auction end. Nothing worse than a bidding frenzy for buyers.

Good luck in your quest for First Choice die-casts. Enjoy the hunt. (y)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Early postal delivery today!
I really wasn’t chasing this livery for Martin, but a TCFC for under $20, with the only issue a missing gas can top, couldn’t be ignored.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

and an Owners Series Pocono win by Edwards. I didn't have any of newer OS with the easy removable chassis.
Car Vehicle Hood Wheel Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wheel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts