Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Team Caliber Owners Bank considered a higher quality die cast than the Owners Series or is it vice versa?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I agree. Cars over banks. When RCCA first released their 1:24 diecast, I went after the banks, only as a no dust collecting in the interior. No sealed, clear wall cases were being made back then, so unless you built something custom, your collection was subject to collecting dust. Over the years, I have replaced most of my banks with cars. The cars also tend to carry a higher value over banks.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
I would have to say the regular car over the bank. In the team caliber bank version, they put the slot in the trunk, so you still have a open hood and trunk car but you loose the detail in the trunk area.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses

·
Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"
8,708 Posts
It was actually called an Owners Series Bank, as John said, it has no junk in the trunk, but it is the same detail as an owners. I will dig one out and snap some pics later..

As a 'complete -st' a while back I did the regular owners and the banks as well. Did that for a few years, but had to stop because it was way too many pieces. I sold most of them before everything went belly up. The big thing with the banks was the lower number. If you sit the two side by side, you will not know which is which..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks canuck. Just wanted to make sure. There was a Kenseth TC Owners Bank on ebay of a die cast I was interested in getting/needing to complete my personal collection. They were asking 99 B.I.N or Best offer. I thought 99 was way way too much even for an Owners Series car.

But I found someone on a FB die cast trade group that was selling an Owners Series of the same model and I got it for just a little more than I was looking to spend. So I'm content. Thanks again.

Rob D

Reactions: canuck617
1 - 8 of 8 Posts