Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that I'm fairly new to highly detailed Diecast....

How do these two compair in quality?
I have yet to own a Team Caliber piece but from the pics I've seen...
they both look VERY compairable in quality.

Educate me! :-\ :D

Oh yeah....I have a WIX Filters 1969 Petty Torino 100th win coming.
Seen one in person at a local shop and was very impressed by the SUPER detail.
Weighs like a brick! Locally it's $60 but I got one for less than $40.
Is this piece made by Action or Team Caliber for WIX?
I have seen em listed both ways??

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I believe that the Petty Torino was made by Team Caliber. It was not made by Action.
The Team Caliber Owners cars are alot like the Action Elites. Very high detail. In fact, the new Owners Elites are more like an Owners Series car than the old Elite, since Action and Team Caliber merged, or TC was bought out by Action.
The Preferred is about the same as an Action car, maybe a little more detail. The chassis is metal, but the floor pans are plastic on a TC Preferred, where the whole bottom on an Action car is metal. It is one stamped piece, where the Preferred car has an actual chassis, and then the addition of plastic floor pans. All are very nice and TC cars are available fairly cheaply as they didn't have the big names except for the Roush guys. I hope I was clear. If you have anymore specific questions, PM me and I will try to answer them for you.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I personally like Team Caliber...the Owners Series had amazing detail, the Preferred Series wasn't bad either.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Karz said:
SUPER!
Thanx Guys I guess there will be a few TC cars in my future. ;)
If you are looking for die-cast bargains. Look for Team Caliber First Choice cars. They were higher detail than the Action Elites, originally sold for around $140.00. They were sold directly to the consumer, no dealer middle man. They were awesome, but were only made for two years as the market wasn't ready for the cars to be that expensive, especially when they didn't have the drivers to back up the product. They were awesome and can be had for a little of nothing now. They came in a display box, w/a gas can, an air wrench, 4 spare wheels and tires and dolly and a jack. They were ultra detailed and very very low production. Here's a couple examples....

If you want anymore pics, LMK and I will take some better detailed pics and PM them to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts