Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Team Market Limits?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Timothy 
#1 ·
Anyone who's collected Topps baseball for a while and knows the ins and outs know if they have a limit on cards for each team's individual market? I only ask because it's been rare for me to get an Atlanta Brave, of the hundreds I bought last year (before just purchasing the full 660-card base set), I probably had fewer Braves than any other team and none of their marquee players (Chipper, Brian McCann, Tim Hudson, etc) aside from a Rookie Cup Jason Heyward diamond parallel and a Tommy Hanson.

This year I've bought right around 100 cards, gotten a ton of big-name stars from the top teams....and only one Atlanta Brave, a Gold Parallel Mike Minor. Did get a mini Dan Uggla card and have gotten two or three Hank Aaron Golden Moments cards which are cool for my Braves collection, but I'm more seeking the base cards and it's frustrating to have only gotten a single solitary Atlanta Brave when I'm 75 miles from their ballpark.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Aaron, each individual base card is produced in the same numbers, alot of it is just plain old random luck. Now I will say this, becuase of teh popularity of certain teams they are more likely to have more cards in the base set plus more insert cards produced, so you are more likely to see certain players and teams more frequently becuase they have more # of different cards in the sets.

Scott

#6 ·
I work for a company who warehouses for Topps both cards and candy. I pick many of the card orders that go out to the stores in the northeast. From what i see we have about an equal amount of each team in full sets. I dont seem to notice more of one team then another.

On a side note you would not believe how many cardz Topps destroys. Just last month i had to pick a destruct order of over $1,000,000 worth the cards (not just baseball). I almost want to cry as they are throwing all types of autographs into a shredder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.