Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CHEVY FAN
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking hard about taking the 4.5 hour ride to Martinsville next sunday,anyone got any tips?? How many sclapers are there?? What about merchandise tents?? any other tips or advice..

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
the track itself is a classic. I believe camping is HARD to find as a lot of regulars sign up PLENTY early for the best spots along the track. There is a night train that runs right through the middle of the back stretch campground that can be 'fun' in the middle of sleep patterns:wink:

they have a limited souvie hauler space on the hill just beyond turns 3 and 4 from what I remember. There was also 'gypsy' tentville closer to the main road toward the front stretch but quite a ways from the haulers to boot. Deals were OK but nothing out of this world. Dover is actually the 'best' bet with no taxes on anything. Mville is worth a drive, I traveled 13 hours to see it and would do it again. It's old school racing at an old school track. The martinsville hotdogs 'all out' are worth a try too...I'll let you figure it out when you get there. Thumbs up to seeing racing at this facility...loved it. one of my favorites.

·
Old Man Lurking
185 Posts
best track on the sked
This is one of the few tracks that has remained loyal to good old short track racing. Not only are the Pink Hot Dogs very good, but Martinsville has some of the best consession food on the circuit. I do not know if you will need scalpers as from what I am hearing there are still very good tickets for sale at the office. One trip to Martinsville and you will wonder how all 43 cars got through one and two on the first lap.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
This is one of the few tracks that has remained loyal to good old short track racing. Not only are the Pink Hot Dogs very good, but Martinsville has some of the best consession food on the circuit. I do not know if you will need scalpers as from what I am hearing there are still very good tickets for sale at the office. One trip to Martinsville and you will wonder how all 43 cars got through one and two on the first lap.
yeah....that....for sure =)

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
I just asked my wife if we should sneak off for the weekend....if its as good as your guys are saying it might be worth the trip.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Agreed with the rest. I've been to a bunch of tracks, but if I had to only pick one to go back to year after year, it'd be Martinsville in a heartbeat. Can't wait to head back there in October.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You wont have any problems getting tickets for the race I have got repeat e-mails from them offering great deals,if you bought a ticket you got a free pit road pass not bad.Camping is free down at the bottom of the hill near the train tracks there are alot of haulers there.If you've never been to Martinsville all I can say it's the best damn place watch a race or crew a race.You want to watch your speed I got a speeding ticket in '07 cost me 320.00.

·
XC Crazy
3,453 Posts
You wont have any problems getting tickets for the race I have got repeat e-mails from them offering great deals,if you bought a ticket you got a free pit road pass not bad.Camping is free down at the bottom of the hill near the train tracks there are alot of haulers there.If you've never been to Martinsville all I can say it's the best damn place watch a race or crew a race.You want to watch your speed I got a speeding ticket in '07 cost me 320.00.
Wait, What? So There are giving away Pit Passes? I didnt see that!

·
Kaptain Kanuck
2,593 Posts
I went in March 2010 and I agree with everyone, Martinsville is a great race to attend. We traveled 14hrs to see the race on my birthday, and it was worth every dollar and every mile driven!! I will definately go back once I knock a couple more tracks off the list!!

·
99 CraZy
484 Posts
I live about a hour away on the NC side. My best advice is too get there about 3 hours or so before the race. Parking is not bad especially if you don't mind walking. Tailgating isn't quite as big in Martinsville compared to Charlotte. There's usually a huge tint at the Hess gas station by the track. Not a whole lot of merchandise tents. You can find scalpers at the front entrance to the track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts