Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some of you know me, some of you don't. My name is Adam Fenwick (on here I'm known as JT179, obviously). This year, on top of working a full time sales job, I'm handling public relations for the CARS Pro Cup Series.

The CARS Pro Cup Series is probably better known as the Hooters Pro Cup Series or the USARacing Pro Cup Series. After a series of ownership changes, the series became the CARS Pro Cup Series last year. The series is being run by Jack McNelly, who has previously owned cars in the Pro Cup Series and the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

I'm posting here because I want to hear from you, the race fans, and get ideas about what the series itself needs to do for its fans. I've started a Twitter account (CARS Pro Cup Series (@CARSProCup) on Twitter) and we have a Facebook page (CARS Pro Cup - Sports League - Mooresville, NC | Facebook). I plan to use these as marketing tools and as a way to reach out to fans. I'm planning giveaways on both Facebook and Twitter as well as race updates.

Let me have it, tell me what you think. I need your opinions. You can email me at [email protected] if you want to talk to me in private if you'd rather not post your feelings here.

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
Southeast, Huh, guess no where near CT or MA, We have Thompson, Stafford, and Seeknok. BTW I like the idea of a duel race, Half the field in one and half in the other, and the top 10 for each of the two duel races races in the finale with a 50 lap segment a 20 lap segment and a 10 lap segment. Do this at a track like Mobile or Auburndale.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@SadlerGordon224 An interesting idea, but we don't have the car count for something like that. We'd need at least 40 cars for something like that to work. Also, just to clear this up, when I say Southeast I mean N.C., S.C., V.A. and T.N. We just can't afford to travel much further than that.

@racer48racer We tried to do TV in years past but all we did is loose a ton of money in the process. First we need fans to come to the track, then we'll consider doing some sort of TV package again.

@tankemt Hero cards won't be a problem. Those will be available to anyone that wants them. Diecast, on the other hand, probably won't happen. Those are highly expensive (ask @diecastcarsnc about that one) and with the funding these teams have they simply can't afford something like that.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
@SadlerGordon224
@tankemt Hero cards won't be a problem. Those will be available to anyone that wants them. Diecast, on the other hand, probably won't happen. Those are highly expensive (ask @diecastcarsnc about that one) and with the funding these teams have they simply can't afford something like that.
Im sure the hero card collectors including myself would love more info.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Go To North Wilkesboro! People would go, Also go to Rockingham too, I dont know if you can though.
Can't go to North Wilkesboro, track has shut down again. We had been going to Rockingham all the way up until last season, but the amount to lease the track was just more than the series could afford. Plus they've got more important things going on with NASCAR's return anyway...

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
Can't go to North Wilkesboro, track has shut down again. We had been going to Rockingham all the way up until last season, but the amount to lease the track was just more than the series could afford. Plus they've got more important things going on with NASCAR's return anyway...
Wilkesboro closed? That sucks, what about Bowman-Grey, Ashville, So Boston,. Just brainstormin.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wilkesboro closed? That sucks, what about Bowman-Grey, Ashville, So Boston,. Just brainstormin.
Bowman Gray is fully stocked on races.

Asheville? I don't think they've got a track anymore.

We aren't racing at South Boston, but we are racing at Langley Speedway & Motor Mile Speedway in Virginia as well as Kingsport Speedway in Tennessee.

Other tracks on the slate are Anderson Motor Speedway, Myrtle Beach Speedway, Dillon Motor Speedway in South Carolina and in North Carolina we've got Caraway Speedway, Hickory Motor Speedway, Orange County Speedway, Tri-County Motor Speedway and Southern National Motorsports Park.

We also have one TBA at the end of the schedule.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.