Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,746 Posts
EarnhardtJrFan said:
Rain Delay So Far, 10+ of Yellow Laps!!!
i think that is BS. don't start the race unless you can actually start it under green. that just gave gordo 5 bonus points automatically. i don't care who it is up front, that is BS.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Totally agree with you Ron. If they are going to start a race start it under green and at least try to finish it under green! Looks like it may be a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggg night!!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron3fan said:
EarnhardtJrFan said:
i think that is BS. don't start the race unless you can actually start it under green. that just gave gordo 5 bonus points automatically. i don't care who it is up front, that is BS.
Well they probably won't count tonights laps tonight since they never got to racing.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
KK3869 said:
Ron3fan said:
EarnhardtJrFan said:
Well they probably won't count tonights laps tonight since they never got to racing.
Exactly right. If they call a race before they reach the halfway point then everything starts at zero when they start the race again.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Ofcourse the laps will count. They'll start tomorrow on lap 12 or 13 or whatever it was, have a few pace laps under caution and then cut them loose.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
taterracing said:
Ofcourse the laps will count. They'll start tomorrow on lap 12 or 13 or whatever it was, have a few pace laps under caution and then cut them loose.
# Rain postpones race until Sunday: Steady rain at Richmond International Raceway has postponed the Crown Royal Presents the Jim Stewart 400 at Richmond International Raceway. The race will now be run at 1:00pm/et on Sunday and be broadcast live on Fox. The grandstand gates at the track, along with suites and the TORQUE Club, will open at 10:00 a.m. Sunday. The parking lots will open at 6:30 a.m. Rain stopped long enough during the afternoon for the track to be dried. The race started under a green/yellow and ran 12 laps under caution before being red flagged. Because the race had not run any laps under green, they will restart at lap 1 on Sunday.(5-5-2007)

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
At least they start on lap 1 again, it just SUCKS for the fans who have made there schedules for the race and travel on Sunday!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
yea i remember being at Talladega last year when it rained out until monday and we had made all of our plans to be riding home on monday rather than fighting traffic on monday to get back after the race.

it is good that they will start it back over at lap 1. i didnt agree with it last year and i dont agree with it this year, if the race is going to start, let it start under green not yellow. with todays point system every point counts. i aint saying that i dont think gordon will lead the first lap, but what if he doesnt. he could miss a gear and slow up. and hell the 12 laps he led under yellow could have made the difference in between him leading the most laps and someone else leading for most laps and them getting the extra 5 points.

but also i dont write the rule book so i just got to go with it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Looking at the weather this morning and looks like it might be a better day for racing today. Not going to be a night race so it may effect some handling. Clean surface, warmer temps, COT cars, Gordon on the pole, Harvick's been dominate here, I'm predicting that we just may get a really exciting race with a new winner on the podium at the end of the day. Some of you that pick those under dogs just might see your boys up front today before it is all over. Just my early morning thoughts but you know I'll still be pulling for my RCR team and will hoping for Harvick to be leading the pack at the end of the day!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,746 Posts
good god, did it take them long enough to throw the caution for mcmurray??????? :rollseyes:

·
Super Moderator
8,746 Posts
:rofl: did gordon just say he was sitting on a hot rod today!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts