Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,495 Posts
Well my stories are not as great as KD's but........

Lets start with what has got me in this sport to even get to this site, stick with me it all relates.

I had been asked for years to watch Nascar and I had not watched for years since my childhood. I always told my friends "there was no reason to watch cars take left hand turns for 4 hours". i would tell them "i could turn off the TV and turn it back on 2 hours later and guess what, they would still be taking left hand turns". So fast forward a couple years and I run across an old school buddy that i had lost touch with for about 10 years. Well I got to meet a couple of his friends which in turn I had also known for years but had long lost touch of. Well the first race of the 2005 year comes up, Daytona 500, and they all start buggin me to "come watch the race". Well they all got the before mentioned replies. They finally coax me to come with the offer of BBQ(im a sucker for it and they know it). I tell them I dont know who to root for and they tell me to just pick a driver. So minutes before the race they interviewed Tony Stewart and i liked his reply to a question of that somebody had something to say about him and his reply was "tell them that I aint that hard to find. If they got something to say, say it to my face". Which is pretty much how i feel.

So that is where i have started a renewed relationship with old friends, but that is also where the next step starts........

Next came the whole "Im not going to buy all the diecast". Well i think we all know where that has got me. It all started with one diecast. We would all go to the store and go hunting and started buying everything in site. Then came the days when i went out looking on my own so they couldnt get in on the same finds.

Which is what brings me to the next what i would like to call what will be a life long friend.......

I went to a target about 40 minutes away from my house that i normally didnt go to. Well as I am standing in front of the Winners Circle and compairing cars and decideing which ones I was going to buy, I hear a voice over my shoulder "do you collect alot of them?", to which i turned to see a rather stout guy standing there in his Harvick shirt and hat. We got into a conversation about who we were fans of and what we have and to find out that we only lived about 10 minutes away from each other. He explained to me that there was a site i could log all of my diecast. Well he gives me the site and days later I decide i was going to do it and contacted him through the site. Well about 3-4 months later he tell me about this site and gives me an invite. Well for the most part everyone on here knows how the rest of this story goes. To this day Larkin and I still get together and go either diecast hunting or fishing.

So I guess I can say that Nascar and diecast has brought me 3 very great old friends that i know I can count on and a new friend that I know will always be there for me no matter what. It has also brought me several great "online buddies" that i feel proud that I can call family on this site.

· Registered
2,495 Posts
no one else has any stories? come on guys, share

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.