Diecast Crazy Forums banner

The new FROST finish.... by Lionel...

2K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  windnad29 
#1 ·
Ok, so I recieved my new 2012 Brad Keselowski #2 Miller Lite FROST finish 1/24 diecast ARC on Friday.. just opened it up now... and I have to say.. what a disappointment!!!

NOT impressed with it at ALL! It is literally.. how can I describe this.. it looks like it's just been painted a flat GREY.. with a clear coat on it. That's it. Nothing more than that. I thought it would sort of resemble or look like the old Team Caliber PEARL finish.. but not to be. :no:

I got it because it's part of the Brad Keselowski collection of releases.. but I thought I would just give y'all a heads up on this finish. I would not recommend it at all. Not only that.. I wouldn't care if they discarded this finish for next year. Just terrible. :sad::wounded::ugly::vomit:

#3 ·
Just a case in point of current leadership in the lionel/RCCA wizardry...here's the crux of this situation...they already have the mold...they already have the tampos...putting flat grey, cosmos, fire, galaxy, glass, putty, toiletpaper...whatever finish they want costs them next to nothing...however it 'forces' the hand of completist collectors like yourself and others who want a gimmik...to pony up. I saw previews of them as was NOT impressed...just a crappy way to shill consumers...they'll force themselves into bankruptcy before they know it...thanks for the heads up, sorry to hear they sucked your money out of you.

#5 ·
Just a case in point of current leadership in the lionel/RCCA wizardry...here's the crux of this situation...they already have the mold...they already have the tampos...putting flat grey, cosmos, fire, galaxy, glass, putty, toiletpaper...whatever finish they want costs them next to nothing...however it 'forces' the hand of completist collectors like yourself and others who want a gimmik...to pony up. I saw previews of them as was NOT impressed...just a crappy way to shill consumers...they'll force themselves into bankruptcy before they know it...thanks for the heads up, sorry to hear they sucked your money out of you.
You hit the nail on the head! It sucks they are trying to pull a quick one, instead of making a something different for collectors.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
For the record, Lionel never said itd look like pearl. They said itd be a flat gray look. Once again, complaining just to complain.
REALLY.. YEAH.. because that's what I do.. I come on here and complain about everything don't I? (SARCASM)

Keep your assumptions to yourself.. and stop judging people you don't know.

If you have a link... to prove your point I would love to see it.. because I never heard or read anything on what the finish was supposed to look like at all BEFORE they were released... I found out for myself when I opened the package today. Also, the words "FLAT GREY" when describing a diecast finish to the public for a positive outlook for sales.. not the greatest choice of words if you asked me... and besides.. I still would have ordered it irregardless just because it was apart of the releases for 2012.. it's just now I probably will consider it to be an 'ugly duckling' of my collection.. haha.

#10 ·
[URL=http://diecastcrazy.com/community/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=8fan said:
#8fan[/URL]763309]That bad huh? Trade you a Kurt Bush for it.:hungry:
I'm not going to go on and on about it.. I was just disappointed is all.. and I thought I would share it with everyone else who was considering getting a diecast in this finish or had one on order and haven't heard any feedback about it yet. I will post a picture tonight.

#14 ·
REALLY.. YEAH.. because that's what I do.. I come on here and complain about everything don't I? (SARCASM)

Keep your assumptions to yourself.. and stop judging people you don't know.

If you have a link... to prove your point I would love to see it.. because I never heard or read anything on what the finish was supposed to look like at all BEFORE they were released... I found out for myself when I opened the package today. Also, the words "FLAT GREY" when describing a diecast finish to the public for a positive outlook for sales.. not the greatest choice of words if you asked me... and besides.. I still would have ordered it irregardless just because it was apart of the releases for 2012.. it's just now I probably will consider it to be an 'ugly duckling' of my collection.. haha.
LOL talk about the pot calling a kettle black...granted I might be considered the bitchmaster by many...but uh...just takes a few seconds to gander through posts from a guy who won't even drink from a glass let alone see it half full vs empty...anyways, thanks for the heads up, some folks might change their opinions of the finish after seeing yours. Real disappointment to me as it was to you...that deuce is supposed to be BLUE..looks way better with the paint as it's supposed to be, but they could also have done so much more with the concept to make it look sharp...but what do I know =)

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
LOL talk about the pot calling a kettle black...granted I might be considered the bitchmaster by many...but uh...just takes a few seconds to gander through posts from a guy who won't even drink from a glass let alone see it half full vs empty...
Ummm.. I assume this is directed at 2BOB29.. and not me.. haha!

PM me Mike....

#17 ·
Here you go... a picture of the Frost finish.. just not what I was expecting. No big deal.. added to the collection with the rest of my Brad Keselowski diecasts.

Kinda see what you mean. Look better with autograph, so if you change your mind I have a few Kurt cars.

#19 ·
@BRAD K ALL THE WAY!!!
Darcy, thanks for your honest opinion on this finish. I'm not a fan of all the special finishes, but I guess anyone who is a completeist would buy the "frost" one. The gray sure takes away from the "pop" of the blue. The only special paint I think this car would look great in would be color chrome blue. I'd even like to see an actual race car for Brad done in color chrome. That would be sweet!

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wish they would do a new finish for those of us that like a color to still have the same color to the car similar to color chrome and liquid color. Im tired of those finishes its time for something new along the lines of finishes like those where a mostly blue car still is some shade of blue or whatever color the scheme is.

The Frost finish would probably be a lot better if they would have used a silver like what was on Smoke's 08 Holiday car

#23 ·
Wish they would do a new finish for those of us that like a color to still have the same color to the car similar to color chrome and liquid color. Im tired of those finishes its time for something new along the lines of finishes like those where a mostly blue car still is some shade of blue or whatever color the scheme is.
I would think "Candy Apple" would be a great choice for special paint.

#26 ·
I would think "Candy Apple" would be a great choice for special paint.
I like that idea. Im not sure what finish it would be called but the 2002 Stewart Champ car is one of my favorites. The Orange on that really pops and I think the black and white on the car also were a metal flake type look to them. Im pretty sure on the black not so sure on the white since its currently in storage and I doubt Ebay pictures will show exactly how that car looks.

Ive also seen some pictures of shifting shades cars that looked pretty cool but I think only 2 or 3 cars ever got made in that finish.

I would even be in favor of them doing "reverse" as a special finish. Although I really wish more teams would adopt that practice for night races. Imagine the #14 Office Depot as mostly black with red at the back. That would look pretty cool. Or if they ran it on the track I would kind of like to see a mostly white with red Office Depot scheme. Im kind of surprised they dont do that since their delivery trucks are white with red letters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.