Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the correct terminology, but I like it it. I will refer to it as the new look or layout.
The randoim pic, the "Scene" blurbs, the way that it can be navigated. I just really really like it. Great job guys or guy. Whoever is responsible. I am very appreciative of all of your time and effort and hard work put in so we have this awesome playground!!! Thanks so much. Being disabled and spending almost all of my waking hours on the computer, as you can tell I damn near live here. It is great and I love it. Thanks again, from the heart!!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
You're correct. Glad you like it. Let me know if there are any other things you'd like to see on it! It's very easy to customize so adding more content would not be a problem!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A link to Jayski's for the Cup Series and the Busch Series would be nice. We run alot of contests that depend on us making picks and it would be nice if we could click on a link that would open in another window, so we could gather our info and still make our posts. I suppose a link to the WoO page for the Sprints and the Late Models would be asking too much huh? LOL! You're doing a great job, Keep it up!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Get me the link to the WoO Sprint Car page if you don't mind. There is a link addon available that I can implement tonight when I update after work.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This takes you to the Dirt Motorsports site, who are the owners of the WoO sprints and WoO late models. You can choose which series you want at the page this link takes you to,
http://www.worldofoutlaws.com/
Thanks again!!! Awesome!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
actually since i have found the new stuff added, i finally get it. before when it started i just couldnt grasp what we were tryin to do. it was just 4 boxes on the page. now its starting to look more like a home page. im glad that one thing changed which was showing the latest 2 topics. that not being there changes alot in persepective. its shaping up though.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Ok, I added a links box with pic preview below the user box on the left hand side. I also added the Top 3 in Nascar Cup Standings in the Nascar News Box for Joker.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot Racersimage. Not gonna do the Jayski thing huh? Nascar.com is cool too. That's fine, just curious. I love it. It's awesome!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very cool. I love it. It has become my homepage! If I could figure out a way to add my fantasy racing and football to it, I'd never leave!

·
Banned
0 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Very cool. I love it. It has become my homepage! If I could figure out a way to add my fantasy racing and football to it, I'd never leave!
Never know what's possible...I've found a bunch of add-ons. ;)

·
Banned
0 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Thanks alot Racersimage. Not gonna do the Jayski thing huh? Nascar.com is cool too. That's fine, just curious. I love it. It's awesome!
Ok, you talked me into it. I added a Busch link too.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great, now I can use that link to check the field for the Backwards Busch Shootout.
Is it possible for us to customize the poage like Yahoo does on a person's homepage? Then we could add our own content links like the Fantasy stuff.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also too, but I don't want you to spoil me, I wish once I set the type style and bold italics etc, that it would stay, so I didn't have to make it do it everytime. I also wish there were more colors, but I know I'm asking for alot that isn't necessary.

·
Banned
0 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Also too, but I don't want you to spoil me, I wish once I set the type style and bold italics etc, that it would stay, so I didn't have to make it do it everytime.  I also wish there were more colors, but I know I'm asking for alot that isn't necessary.
We have enough options on the forum for now ;).  I am planning on adding a radio feature to the portal page since we had a radio on the old forum.  We have a file manager on there that came with it but it's for all members and files are posted in one folder...I'm gonna look into one to see if each member can have their own. 

Finally, I saw a mod this morning that allows members to customize the portal page a little by adding their own iframe content whereas you could enter a url and that site would show up in a frame on the homepage.  I overlooked it because I didn't know it'd be a desired feature but I'll look into it a little more.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Is this of any interest? Read the details and let me know.

Custom Page

Features:

Allow your users to select their own page to display on their frontpage (center block).
Can display a default page setup by you, for your users to see initially until they add their own page (or always if they do not have add access).
Can display a default text message instead of the default page.
Access for a user to add their own page via membergroups (if not in membergroups you give access, they see the default page or text message you setup).
Access to deny individual users even if they are in a membergroup with access.
Admins always have access.
Configure the size of the IFRAME that page displays in to fit your site appropriately.
Creates a table to hold member's custom page automatically if it doesn't already exist

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What content will bve available on the radio? Could we possibly get streaming NASCAR RACES?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Basically the custom page mod would allow you to enter in a web page and that page will be shown on the portal page in the center block.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So what exactly could we put in there? I do not speak PCEZE....LOL!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK< I see.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts