Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the site been down three times in the last two days, or is the problem on my end? It said the site was so busy that it wouldn't let anybody else in. It was down for at least three hours every time.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Thanks for the hard work to get it back up and going again! I know Tater was working on it last night while he was messending me!! :rollhappy:

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for all you guys do to keep this place perculating!
I was going through TCL withdrawel! It was terrible. You all are really, REALLY appreciated!

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Hey Darce, is that why my Topics are down to 8? I think it was up around 40 before.

I don't really care, but I hope it's not a glitch in the system!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Billy Kingsley said:
Hey Darce, is that why my Topics are down to 8? I think it was up around 40 before.

I don't really care, but I hope it's not a glitch in the system!
Billy, That is why. I saw a great drop in my total posts. I didn't notice it in the total # of topics but I never look at that anyway so I wouldn't really catch that but I lost about 120 to 150 posts when they scaled back the site. I for one would rather lose post counts then to have to deal with all that mess that was going on though!!!!!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Again, I would far rather see the site up and running correctly over worrying about a post count. I've never liked the ranking by post count anyway. I would rather rank someone by there knowledge and earned trust. It doesn't take long to figure out the true serious collectors when they are constanly getting and receiving Cars, cards, information, etc. for example FFighter21 ( Ken)hasn't been on here that long, He is still trying to figure out exactly where his posts are suppose to go and figure out how to remove and move his posts. Ok, He's a newbie, however, he has not one bad complaint against him, Everyone has been happy with a trade or deal that was done with him, and he has some really good info to share with new and old collectors alike. Billy Kingsley, when he first came on I thought he was a kid playing with models, Well time has proven me wrong again, Billy has a world of knowledge to share and he has been in this hooby long enough to help out pretty much anyone that has a question to ask. Again not one bad word about him either. Do I look at their post counts before considering a deal, NO, and back to my point, what use is the post count? CSR, NICK, SNL, all had high post counts, did they earn anyones trust? Are they respected collectors? NO.
I can lose all the posts I have ever made! I truly feel like those who have dealt with me know I am honest and sincere about dealing with a fellow collector. If I'm not happy I wil let you know. Darce the only time I have been unhappy with this site for the most part was when it was down and not working. If you need to delete every post that I have put on this site that hasn't been replied to in the last month feel free to do so. I would rather start back at zero than to be without my friends here at TCL!!!!

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Thanks Larkin...Kind words...MUCH appreciated!

Like Larkin, I don't care about post counts either. The thread total counter is kind of neat because of all the boards I have ever posted on (about 50 since 2000) this is the ONLY one that has ever had that.

But I really don't care how many I have, don't have, heck, I wouldn't even care if it wasn't visible :) Might cut down the pseudo-spam we get on here. But you guys have gotten rid of most of that already!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the compliment! I agree. Like he said, I am still trying to figure out how to do things correctly here, and I did not exactly know what point the post count served really. I guessed it was a way to guage guys time here.
I would give up my post count ot whatever it takes to keep this place "cookin'"! I was going through withdrawel when we were having trouble, and I couln't access the site at all.
I have met a bunch o' great guys. Very knowledgable, and very, very helpful. If everybody were like you guys, the hobby wouldn't be in the mess it's in. I guess we are entrusted w/getting it through this hard time. It will survive I believe and we will be the better for it.
Thanks again, and let's keep going. I love this site and the great guys on it!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
test

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
pop

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Thanks so much for all you guys do to keep this place perculating!
I was going through TCL withdrawel! It was terrible. You all are really, REALLY appreciated!
I second that. The thank yous that is, cause I didn't have any problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts