Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140146467786

From what I know about the set, these were originally singles given out to distributors as an appreciation. Dave and Adam's Card World eventually ended up with all of them specifically for a private buyer in Texas. Over the last year or so, the Texas collector has slowly sold off his multi million dollar collection (mainly basketball and baseball) privately and on ebay and this was one on the rare sets he had in football. Anyone going to bid on this beauty?

·
Registered
564 Posts
That is one nice set to have. Don't think I will purchase them myself. Will let you have them Dodger.

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
geebi said:
Go ahead and get em DB, I will see you this weekend, hope to see them then. ;D
The sad thing is if I had that whole set on display in my shop people would still look at them and say "I have those same cards at home."

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
DodgerBlue said:
geebi said:
Go ahead and get em DB, I will see you this weekend, hope to see them then. ;D
The sad thing is if I had that whole set on display in my shop people would still look at them and say "I have those same cards at home."
That is the damn truth.

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"The sad thing is if I had that whole set on display in my shop people would still look at them and say "I have those same cards at home."

That reminds me of a guy that came into my shop Sunday morning. He was looking into my display cases and telling his son about how he had this card and that card and 10 of that card....blah....blah....blah. Then he started looking into my PSA Graded Card Case (I have a 3 ft. display case full of Rookie Cards ALL graded PSA Gem Mint 10) and he told his son, "I have 4 of that Chipper Jones Rookie Card." so I said, "Oh, do you have a lot of graded cards?" and he responded, "Who?" I think that sums it up. People are full of crap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts