Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They own 4 cars and probably have never had a finish of 38th or better lol
Only the No. 40 actually attempts the race. The other three park within 8 laps. The No. 40 isn't horrible. 14th at Daytona (but that's after that huge pileup at the end). 26th at Phoenix, 21st at Bristol, 24th at California and a legit mechanical DNF at Vegas.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
Only the No. 40 actually attempts the race. The other three park within 8 laps. The No. 40 isn't horrible. 14th at Daytona (but that's after that huge pileup at the end). 26th at Phoenix, 21st at Bristol, 24th at California and a legit mechanical DNF at Vegas.
So it's not all bad lol

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it's not all bad lol
No, but I guess it makes Phil Parsons not look so bad. I have a friend who works for TMG and my favorite driver works there too, but man, it's hard to pull for them at all when you know that three cars are there only collect purse money and go home.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
No, but I guess it makes Phil Parsons not look so bad. I have a friend who works for TMG and my favorite driver works there too, but man, it's hard to pull for them at all when you know that three cars are there only collect purse money and go home.
I see nothing wrong with it. The Nationwide Series barely fills up these days, and they only help. And atleast they have a full-time car running the races, unlike PP ever did...

And by the way, thanks for the link. I just asked for one!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see nothing wrong with it. The Nationwide Series barely fills up these days, and they only help. And atleast they have a full-time car running the races, unlike PP ever did...
I just can't support it. I understand that Key uses the three SnP cars to fund the other, but it's just a poor way to do business, in my opinion. Racing should be about competing. This isn't it.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I just can't support it. I understand that Key uses the three SnP cars to fund the other, but it's just a poor way to do business, in my opinion. Racing should be about competing. This isn't it.
Unfortunatley, that's the economy these days. Alot of teams do it, even in Cup with FRM, the 34 & 38 running full races and the #26 S&P(although they are running a few full races). TBR was once a S&P team and look at them now, a 2 Car Full-Time team.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunatley, that's the economy these days. Alot of teams do it, even in Cup with FRM, the 34 & 38 running full races and the #26 S&P(although they are running a few full races). TBR was once a S&P team and look at them now, a 2 Car Full-Time team.
I know they're not alone in doing it, but they push it to the extreme. I still don't have to like it or support it. Like I said, racing is about competition and what these teams are doing makes a mockery of it.

·
#Champ18n
10,102 Posts
The only reason why teams S&P is because they can recieve money to either pay off bills or save it up to buy new things.
But its a pretty cool card excusing the editing on the front, weird!

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
but the sad reality is that it takes 3 start and parks for an unsponsored team to be able to compete these days. nemechek has to park in the cup series to fund his nationwide car. that's why so many nationwide teams have started start and park cup teams: r3 motorsports, tristar motorsports, means racing, go green racing, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
but the sad reality is that it takes 3 start and parks for an unsponsored team to be able to compete these days. nemechek has to park in the cup series to fund his nationwide car. that's why so many nationwide teams have started start and park cup teams: r3 motorsports, tristar motorsports, means racing, go green racing, etc.
As I've said twice already, I understand it, but I don't like it. It's not racing.

the team has to have 3 start and park cars to be able to have one car run the full race. i'm gonna assume that they won't be able to afford to send hero cars out for free. jmo.
So it's not worth a simple email from someone who wants one? Everything's worth a try, especially if it's something as easy as an email.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way, TMG just posted on Facebook that these hero cards will be available at Texas if anyone is going.

Has anyone received a response from TMG yet? If not, I'm sure I can get a few from my friend who works on the team, however, I won't be shipping them for free. I would do for cost, but that's assuming I can get some.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
By the way, TMG just posted on Facebook that these hero cards will be available at Texas if anyone is going.

Has anyone received a response from TMG yet? If not, I'm sure I can get a few from my friend who works on the team, however, I won't be shipping them for free. I would do for cost, but that's assuming I can get some.
I wrote to them but haven't heard anything back from them yet. =(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts