Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More alternate schemes for Dave Blaney. I was lamenting that they were doing cheap alternates for him, just putting pictures on his car and not really doing anything artistic like they used to do w/Ward Burton and Scott Wimmer. Looks like they are doing better.
I like them better anyway...

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Those are nice looking paint schemes I think.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I never quite understood why you kept complaining about the number of paint schemes for Blaney in the 22 car. He will have had as many if not more this year in the CAT car than any other year they've run. The most I can ever remember in one season is five (counting the regular scheme, in 2005).

Good to see you'll have a bunch of paint schemes to chase.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not complaining about the number, just the quality. The ones for Burton and Wimmer are neat as they take some artistic ability. The ones so far for Dave are just pics on the car. The newer ones just announced are better in that they are stripes and color

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
It's actually much more diffacult for a photo to be placed on the car...It costs the teams more and it also costs the diecast companys more, to do it accuratly anyway. Graphics are about the most simple thing that can be added to the car, but actual photos are rare and can prove diffacult.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am aware of that, I used to paint signs as a vocation and still dable in the vynil graphic biz. I just like nice colorful schemes, that look like the older race cars. That took sometime to layout and play w/the striping so it looks different than anything else anybody has seen, at least for awhile, or maybe ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts