Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto123.com's contributor Bertrand Godin has learned earlier today a rumour indicating that Jacques Villeneuve and Craig Pollock have purchased the Bill Davis Racing Team [#22, #27 and #36 in Cup, #5, #22, #23, #27 in Truck]. According to a reliable source, Villeneuve and his business manager since 1992, Craig Pollock, have recently purchased Bill and Gail Davis' stock-car racing team. This is the team that currently runs Villeneuve in the Craftsman Trucks series and in the Nextel Cup. The new team, based in High Point, North Carolina will apparently continue to field the current drivers, as well as a Sprint Cup car for Villeneuve.(Auto123.com)(10-19-2007

Now if you were an owner/driver which car would you drive next year? The car in the Top 35 that Blaney has put there or the car you have to qualify into the 500? I hope not for Dave's sake, cause that would suck for him to work to finally get this car seemingly into the Top 35 just for someone to take it from him. Also with Cat re-signing recently you think they can opt out of the contract if the team is sold? I know Id be pissed off if I thought the car I was sponsoring was going to be in the Daytona 500 and then it wasn't cause the team was sold.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I wondered how Vilineuve was climbing so fast. He brought his deep pockets.......I believe Dave will go somewhere else, or quit if he gets screwed one more time. He got screwed, (IMHO) at RCR. After a year of sorting out a car, taking notes and basically being a R&D team cause they were not given the same set-ups that Burton and Harvick were running (I have this from a VERY reliable source, not my idea) he was kicked to the curb. Granted Bowyer is a good driver, but there should be some loyalty. I guess not. He was bumped by BDR when Daves sponser Amoco left and was it Stacy Compton who brought Hills Bros. w/him and took over the ride?
I hope he gets treated well, but this is just consistant w/Dave's luck. If it weren't for bad, there wouldn't be any....
DAMN IT!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I believe that Cat re-signed w/BDR based on (at least one of the reasons) Dave driving. If they move stuff around, it will be a number change not a sponsor change. Dave will be in the Cat car, but Jaque will probably take the 22 to get the locked in spot. It isn't fair to Dave, but as a Team Owner, it is a smart move. Dave would have a better chance, at least right now as we don't know how Jaque is gonna do in these cars of being able to qualify.
Every year, it is a SAGA for Dave. Not a bit boring as a fan I must say.....

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Good point, didn't think about that. Jaque will prolly take Tommy Baldwin and that will not sit well w/him. He was hired to be in an administrative position, and ended up being Dave's crew chief. If they don't put him where he signed to work eventually, he will leave, I am sure. As far as equipment goes, if they give Jaque Dave's cars etc, it's gonna be a long year, but then, it should all hypothetically be the same.....RIGHT! Ha Ha!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Guess I will go hang out at Dave's website and see what I can find out. If anybody is interested, it is....
www.daveblaney.com
Original huh? LOL!

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
if cat resigned for Dave that's some good news hopefully there stay loyal to him and not jump to the former world champion but there may be tempted Jacques did prove he can qualify at Talladega in unfamiliar gear not sure if the car was from the #22 stable of the #36
so daytona should not be a problem (i look forward to seeing in person how he does ) true its said to be equal
if you can belive it or not

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
The car he drove was another from the Cat stable. It was one Dave drove in the spring race at Talladega.
The scuttle butt at db.com is that this is a partnership deal between BDR and Pollock. Nothing anywhere else to say that it is a buy out, just auto123.com or whatever the site that broke the story is. Like I said, if you are a DB fan, it is never boring.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
The car he drove was another from the Cat stable. It was one Dave drove in the spring race at Talladega.
The scuttle butt at db.com is that this is a partnership deal between BDR and Pollock. Nothing anywhere else to say that it is a buy out, just auto123.com or whatever the site that broke the story is. Like I said, if you are a DB fan, it is never boring.
thats not the news i wanted to hear if he did will in a car from the #22 team the way he was at Williams he had to have all the best cars hope history does not repeat itself
pollock does not play nice with partners it should be a fun season and not boring

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. Jaque also said he does not want to own a team, but Pollock said he would like one. Davis says that the ideal situation would be a partnership, but he's not close minded to selling the whole thing either.
I won't be comfortable until it's over and the contracts are signed and I know for sure what's going on.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That's the key to success. Find a guy to buy you a team anytime you need a ride. Wonder what Jaque does for ole' Mr. Pollack? He is "French" Canadian....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts