Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
#1 Harvick Fan
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well so far this year has been kinda different then all the rest. Finally saw some awesome new stuff from WC. Saw some cool new ideas from WC and got more drivers which is cool. I cant wait to get my Harvick Shell 1/24 its awesome! Thats what I am looking for now. But I found the medallion series last night at a Target and they are ok, just need some more drivers. I am definently liking the new cars. I mean it kinda sucks Harvick's stuff is hard to find cause he won the Daytona 500 and now its nothing but bandwagon jumpers. I am liking a lot of the new cars and cant wait to get more, as soon as the stores get them.

Anyways something this year is really getting to me.Hot Wheels. Hot Wheels collecting has changed its not even fun anymore, its a fight. Over 99 cent cars. I cant find anything this year I want all the assholes go there buy everything and dont even leave a lousy common 67 Camaro for me to add my Camaro Collection. I saw a case the other day there was a guy going through it and I asked him if I could have a 67 Camaro out of the ones he had cause he had like 4 and hes like yea buy it from ebay. Im like you cant even help me out? Just one im not asking you for the Treasure Hunt, just a lousy common, and he says Shut up I got here first you lose. I said ok, I will find one one time. Thanks and he goes yea hahaha ebay here I come. I told him he wasnt a true collector of anything hes like yea, look at my Harvick Shell WC too on there and Martin. Im like o ok yea Ill bid right on those. So this is what it has turned into a bunch of idiots just looking for money. I have heard crazy stories of how collecting HW went bad. Im pretty much done with HW all I am getting is the Camaros and Mysterys or Hunts I find. Its not even fun hunting anymore.

I think WC is starting to get like this too, I just hope not.

I dont wanna have to fight for the stuff I like to collect. Its rediculous. To have 4 and not even give me one for my 100+ car 67-69 Camaro Collection is rediculous.

So thats just kinda I guess my Vent for 2007 so far.

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
hot wheels have always been like this at our store im cool with the toy manager and hes well aware of the morons who are there digging through all the cars throwing the commons to the floor looking for the good ones. He purposely puts only 1 case out at a time now just to mess with these ebay nuts. He does this with basically everything that people try to buy and resell.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
yea it sucks that some people are like that about a diecast car. i have actually handed over a car or 2 in my collecting at the store because i knew i really didnt need it and somebody else really wanted it. i remember aroung christmas time i had found a Jr car and i was debating on getting it just to have it or not. well about that time a kid about 9 or 10 walked up with his Jr hat on and looked at the cars and then noticed that i had the last Jr car on the shelf. he looked disappointed and started talking to me about Jr and i could tell he had been saving his money because he was walking around with his money still in hand. so in turn i just let him have it. it lit up his day and i was happy that it wasnt just going to collect dust and it went to somebody that really wanted it.

as far as mysteries and treasure hunts go. i look around and try to find what i can because i dont collect regular releases. but i also dont look to make a profit on ebay buying all of them either. hell not that long ago larkin and i went out dicasting and i founf a butt load of mysteries and i let him have them because he opens them to find the whole collection while me on the other hand i have like 15 of them and only opend 2 of them and the rest sit there still unopened and i have larkin trying to talk me into opening them so he can see what ive got. im not going to just cause i know it drives him nuts, lol

but the ones that get me are the ones that block the whole section with themselves and the shopping cart. and dont dare reach over and grab a car off the shelf. i watched one guy sit there amd had opened all the mysteries they had on the pegs and only grabbed 2 of them and left the rest on the shelf. and he left before i could find anybody to do anything about it, not that it would have mattered since no one but i saw it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts