Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching Formula One qualifying and suddenly a unique idea hit me. What if NASCAR did the same thing that F1 does. It offered two compunds of tire and you had to run them both during a race. I believe in F1, they get one set of soft and the rest are hard. The soft are dilineated by a white stripe in the middle of the tread pattern.
That would add a little bit of "chess match" for the Crew Chiefs during a race and even quaalifying. That would also eliminate the bitching about the crappy tire that Goodyear provides.
Just a random thought, wadda you'all think about it?

·
Registered
724 Posts
The reason F1 does that is because Bridgestone bitched about the possiblity about not being mentioned 10,000 times during a broadcast since the tirewar between them Michelin had ended with Michelin backing out last year. So like in Champcar where they have the red tires to use, Bridgestone decided to put that in action by getting the FIA put that rule in F1. As seen in the races this year the tire compound has not affected the outcomes of races or quals in a big way.

So I don't really think if it was introduced in NASCAR that it would really make the races any more interesting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts