1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concord, NC
March 31, 2007

Top NASCAR Driver comes out of the closet

The sexuality of a driver isn’t something fans normally discuss. It doesn’t affect the driving skills of the driver, right? And unless the sponsor of the car is a church or marriage counselor, it wouldn’t really matter would it?
That wasn’t the case on Tuesday afternoon when top NASCAR start Tony Stewart addressed both fans and media at Joe Gibbs Racing headquarters in Huntersville, NC. Fans were shocked. Reporters were intrigued. Stewart was grinning from ear to ear, as if he was relieved to get the news out. He claimed that he has been gay for almost 10 years.
“I’ve known for awhile that I was gay. I kept it a secret because I wasn’t sure how my family, fans and colleagues would react. I didn’t want it to affect any of my racing contracts, or personal relationships. I discussed it over with my parents, Joe and J.D. and decided it was time to come out. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, Stewart said.
No word yet on if Stewart has a significant other but we do know that the young lady posing as his “girlfriend” has been released from her contract.
“Oh yeah, she’s relieved! You would be too if you had to pretend to love me, and put up with my antics, Stewart jokingly stated.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Neither of them were very good...Sorry to ruin your guys fun.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
damn you KK, you did have me going at first and the first thing i was thinking was "o well" but at the same time i was thinking "no this has got to be a April fools day joke"

:rofl: :congrats:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts