Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight and Saturday are the 2007 installment of the annual Toyota All-Star Showdown at Irwindale Speedway. Tonight will be a 150 lap Super Late Model race with any Super Late Model racer who races in a NASCAR Whelen All-American Series track eligible for the event.

Saturday night will feature the 250 lap Grand National Series race

The Grand National race will feature major changes:

-The race is 250 laps and features a 40-car starting field.
-Top 15 drivers in both Grand National divisions invited and receive bonus money.
-Any driver approved by NASCAR to race in this division at tracks of one-half mile or greater may attempt this race. (Previously, only the top 15 in each division was eligible.)
-Only exempt cars automatically qualify for the race.
-Exemptions will be awarded on the following (Any Grand National team may help these champions in other cars obtain a ride):
-Any Grand National race winner in 2007.
-All NASCAR Regional Series champions for 2007
--Busch East Series
--NASCAR West Series
--Whelen Modified Tour
--Whelen Southern Modified Tour
--Canadian Tire Series
--Corona Series leader as of September 2 (Due to the race being before the NCS season ends)
--Whelen All-American Series National Champion

These exempt drivers (minimum seven) will be added with the top cars from Friday qualifying to form a 30-car starting field.
A 50-lap last chance qualifier will establish the final ten cars for Saturday's 250-lap feature.
The format change was required because the Elite Division is no longer in place. NASCAR disbanded the division after the 2006 season

TV Schedule:

Friday Night: 8:00 PM on SPEED

Saturday Night: 10:00 PM on SPEED

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Wish I could watch it. I'd love to see Sean Caisse win it. Maybe Jeffrey Earnhardt can sneak in in the last-chance race. I'd like to see two Santerre Racing cars in there.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I imagine this will be a Joey Laganno showcase, another notch in his belt before he moves up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts