Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew it was coming but dang man not this early in the season, I really hate it for him hope he will be back soon driving the #60. Look at the Entry List!

Entry List | NASCAR Nationwide Series

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's not alone. It looks like Kenny Wallace may be stepping aside this week too.
Yeah but I believe that was talked about weeks ago Planned even, but this I think might shock a lot of people

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Its just that of all races I would think since he actually won the last race at this track that someone would step up... I mean of all places the site of his ONLY Nationwide win... and no sponsor?!?!?! So disappointing

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
trever is racing cup this weekend
A very meaning less race too, Cup is not where he racing for the Championship , although he does get experience from it. But i'm sure he'd rather be racing NNS this weekend because you just can't afford to miss a race and still win a championship.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Also found out that Kurt is running the 54 this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Also found out that Kurt is running the 54 this weekend.
the #54 schedule is done for about half the season and has been on the KBM website for a few weeks. kurt's running 4 of the next 5 races (including iowa) in the #54, and he will be in phoenix's #1 at talladega. kyle will run charlotte and daytona #2 (kurt will also be in the #1 in those races i believe). that's about all they've got finalized so far.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
the #54 schedule is done for about half the season and has been on the KBM website for a few weeks. kurt's running 4 of the next 5 races (including iowa) in the #54, and he will be in phoenix's #1 at talladega. kyle will run charlotte and daytona #2 (kurt will also be in the #1 in those races i believe). that's about all they've got finalized so far.
Kurt will also be in the car for all but four (right now) of the Chase races. The only four during that time period that are undecided are Charlotte, Kansas, Dover, and Texas. There are only 12 races undecided, but you can pretty much say: Kurt will run Iowa, Montreal, Kentucky (Sept.).

EDIT: Yes, I have too much time on my hands..

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
Sadly it is not surprising about Trevor and Roush sponsorship.Makes you wonder is RFR that difficult to deal with?Want too much money?Or has Jack rubbed that may people wrong?I have said this before when top tier teams cant get a fully funded season for their drivers the writing is on the wall.Nascar needs to step up and help these teams,after Nascar makes the races more fan friendly and cost effective in a recession of fans.

Poor Herminator time to dirt track racing and kick everyones butt in his modified.Isnt Hermans owner the same owner with John Wes Townley in trucks?If so they need to have Zaxby kick some money over to Kenny.IMO money with Kenny is better spent than JWT anyday.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Common, Bayne is what? 6th in points? Give him a chance. Somebody. He's a good driver! And he shares his faith. What's there not to love?

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Yeah but I believe that was talked about weeks ago Planned even, but this I think might shock a lot of people
this is not a shocker its been well known since probably Phoniex that trevor needs sponsorship theres still a chance he wasnt on the orginal entry list to bristol but was later added when they found a sponsor.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
It's a shame really. I can think of a few drivers on that list with sponsorship that would look better finishing top5 or 10 on Trevors car than back of the pack with the drivers they are currently with. Also a shame considering he won Texas last year.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
I'm not shocked by this, as it's obvious an Roush Fenway Racing issue of sponsorship.They couldn't find sponsorship for David Ragan for 2012, yet he goes to Front Row Motorsports and has had three sponsors come on board on one race deals. They can't find Sprint Cup Series Champion and 2-Time Daytona 500 winner, Matt Kenseth sponsorship. They can't find Trevor Bayne any Nationwide sponsors.. and they don't have an entire season of sponsorship for Ricky Stenhouse.

Can't blame the drivers..

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Personally, I'd like to see Jr give Bayne a shot in his #5. I know there would most likely be issues with contracts, different manufacturers, etc. but it would be nice to see another young driver given a chance like Brad, Aric and Cole have been at JRM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts