Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trucks to Road America in 2013? Canadian track also hoping to be in the mix: NASCAR is expected to announce soon that the Camping World Truck Series will return to road-course racing in the 2013 season and that is great news for Canada's Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. A source close to Camping World loop told the Toronto Sun that negotiations are all but complete to add a race at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., for next season. That same source also said NASCAR would most certainly add a second road course so that it would make economic sense for the truck teams. "Teams would have to construct purpose built trucks for Road America so to keep those costs in line a second race just makes sense." A truck race at CTMS--formerly Mosport--would be a prefect fit for the track's new owners. Ron Fellows--and his partners Alan Boughton and Carlo Fidani--have been actively pursuing a top NASCAR touring series race. "I was on the phone June 1 (the day the group announced it had purchased the legendary Ontario track) with NASCAR officials telling them we wanted a race," Fellows said in a phone interview from Toronto. "And we are continuing to seek a race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park." It will be at least mid to late summer before NASCAR bosses release their 2013 schedules but it is now a good bet that there will be two truck races turning left and right next season. Fellows said that the addition of Canadian Tire--a major NASCAR partner--as the name sponsor at CTMS will boost the track chances at getting the nod for a race.(TorontoSun.com)(3-11-2012)

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Go back to Portland. That was a pretty cool track. Is it still in use?

It's such a shame that all these nice indepenent tracks can't pay the bills with the Nationwide and Truck Series. I miss Memphis, Gateway, Milwaukee, IRP, ect.

Road races are fun, but let's face it, they're going to be just like the Nationwide Series. A bunch of road racing ringers being way too aggressive mixed in with a few regulars and a bunch of guys who have never even seen a road racing facility before.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts

It's such a shame that all these nice indepenent tracks can't pay the bills with the Nationwide and Truck Series. I miss Memphis, Gateway, Milwaukee, IRP, ect.

Road races are fun, but let's face it, they're going to be just like the Nationwide Series. A bunch of road racing ringers being way too aggressive mixed in with a few regulars and a bunch of guys who have never even seen a road racing facility before.
i remember the portland road course. it was biffle's home track, he won a truck race there in 1999.

and IRP (Lucas Oil Raceway) had no problems paying their bills, NA$CAR stole their date away from them without prior discussion and gave it to the brickyard for the "superweekend".

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
I agree, NASCAR needs a race in the Pacific Northwest and Portland is still operating and would be a great place for a race.

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
Cool I hope get some in there and bring the number of races back up.

·
Kaptain Kanuck
2,593 Posts
Cant wait to see the trucks at Road America and CTMS. We r making progress up here in Canada, this could mean a second race for us. Then we will have to work on getting the cup up here!! Hopefully once the Canadian Motor Speedway is built we can get an oval.

·
#Champ18n
10,102 Posts
That would be awesome! Really hope they get road courses. Ive never seen Trucks on a RC before!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
That would be awesome! Really hope they get road courses. Ive never seen Trucks on a RC before!
Portland
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiS7AU1ANUE]NASCAR Craftsman Trucks at Portland 1999: (pt.1/9) - YouTube[/ame]

Heartland Park Topeka
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaHXohvgTbM]NASCAR Supertruck Series at Topeka 1995: (pt.1/8) - YouTube[/ame]

Sonoma 1995
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDgM-HQuH54]1995 Subway 100 - YouTube[/ame]

Sonoma 1996
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYe-_BA7ZrU&feature=BFa&list=PLD327BCE798F91D78&lf=results_main]1996 Kragen 151 - YouTube[/ame]

Watkins Glen
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZpNIJGbwg]1996 Parts America 150 - YouTube[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
this is great news!! not only for the series but the fact that Canadian Tire Motorsports Park ( Mosport ) is 5 minutes north of my house!

·
Don't you like to rock?
295 Posts
Mosport...erm...Canadian Tire Motorsports Park would be awesome!

I'm at Mosport multiple times a year (been to every ALMS race that's run there) and this track seriously needs one more big event! I was hoping Grand Am might come over at one point, but trucks would be even better! Its such an awesome track, and trucks road racing again would be awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts