Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I cannot stand reserve auctions...list for your minimum acceptable price or don't bother...I don't even look at an auction like that...
You would be surprised on how many auctions are out there for big $$$ cars, boats, jewelry, etc, just to show some people "Look what I have". The drug boys in south Florida like to show off their 6 figure super cars and 7 figure drug boats.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder what his reserve is?

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I'm wondering now, if this is the same box of HW that were offered for sale on several different sites over the years. I remember a similar deal where the seller even had the box x-rayed to verify the shapes of the diecast inside and posted the x-rays as proof.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I'm a Hot Wheels collector and that's way beyond my means. Now if there were some Beach Bombs, Heavy Chevys and Barracudas in that mix, a long maybe, but the selection printed on the tape doesn't float my boat....... unless...... they were all pinks.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Several reasons. They had only been produced for 2 years, so were still a new item, especially back then. Since they still in a sealed case, no matter the condition inside, they are considered mint or gem mint like a baseball card. Now that's only if they stay sealed. They were not as mass produced as they are today. How many kids that got a Hot Wheels back then, left it in the package, unopened? Consider if you found a '57 Belair convertible sitting in a garage with the window sticker still attached and 10 miles on the odometer. Consider it's value compared to a rusted hulk in a farmer's field. Same car, just not the same condition. For some and I know for a fact, the rusted convertible frame and a few associated parts are worth a good $2500 to $5000. The car in the garage in that condition, $200,000 to $500,000. Now compare a serious Chebby guy or classic car collector to a serious Hot Wheels or toy collector. What are your odds on finding that '57 in the garage? To the Hot Wheels guy, that was the garage.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
There are some extremely rare cars in the case. From the looks of the case the person knows what they are doing. Snake and Mongoose Paddy Wagon Nomad just to name a few.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
A Ford Maverick, would sale for a few dollars from that collection.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts