Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
IF I do upgrade our software, I will be doing it later this week. The plan would be to shut the board down Thursday afternoon and work through Friday morning importing and setting up the board. I will stay up during this time to ensure that there is minimal downtime.

All times are estimated and in EST

4:00pm Shutdown the board
4:05pm Begin importing
10:00pm Import finalizes
10:15pm Work out all of the changes needed for the usergroups
11:00pm Start adding modifications to replicate what we have now
4:00am Begin customizing the look of the board
7:00am Open the board for public access

I will update prior to Thursday if this is what I decide to do.

·
0 Posts
IF I do upgrade our software, I will be doing it later this week. The plan would be to shut the board down Thursday afternoon and work through Friday morning importing and setting up the board. I will stay up during this time to ensure that there is minimal downtime.

I will update prior to Thursday if this is what I decide to do.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Wow, that sucks-- lose the board AND have the in-laws in town! WOW!

One question-- will we lose all are private messages? Should we copy any info we want to save?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that sucks-- lose the board AND have the in-laws in town! WOW!

One question-- will we lose all are private messages? Should we copy any info we want to save?
No, all private message will import. Visitor messages will not.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still don't know if I will do this or not, there is the issue of cost. If I do though, it will be done right.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
same question as [MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION]. and I just got a popup asking me if I wanted to turn on automatic phishing detection for this web site.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Thanks @racersimage its a gov't computer so I have no clue what they do to these things. Id say go new so in the future this wont become more vunrable, new software always has bugs to work out but updating software is somthing that needs to be done every few years.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
The big issue for me (and others using gov't computers at work) is that me may lose access to the site at work. It is what it is-- do what's best for the site.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The big issue for me (and others using gov't computers at work) is that me may lose access to the site at work. It is what it is-- do what's best for the site.
I don't think you mentioned that when I switched last year for a day. I don't see that as being an issue.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I don't know if it was an issue back then. I know that the RCCA forum change formats and I can no longer access that forum at work. It's a crap shoot with all the government firewalls, but if I can't get here, then I'll just have to get my fix when I get home.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This may be pushed back a bit. I've learned that I'll be able to setup the board before importing this one so the plan would be to get it finalized as much as possible before beginning the import. That will eliminate even more downtime if I do this.

This will also allow me to get with [MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION] to confirm that he can access the site from work before changing over.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
[MENTION=1]racersimage[/MENTION] - Don't hold up the changeover based on me. Do what you have to do. I can live without being able to access at work. Not a big deal.

·
Banned
488 Posts
This is good. I want our site to be protected. As I said, it was unfortunate that we were hacked in the first place. Unfortunately I cannot help with the cost or anything. The one bad thing would be no site Thursday evening, though it will be worth it to keep it for a long time coming, hopefully.
So, does this mean the site will look completely different? Or will you try a similar, if not equal, look? I honestly don't care.....just wondering.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts