Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't even begin to count how many times lately that I've received packages from USPS that have come damaged, because of their negligence in handling packages.

I've had pictures marked do not bend come bent horribly, I'd pictures that were framed and packaged like Fort Knox come with damaged frames (that clearly happened during shipment, because pieces of the frame were in the box). I've had comes that were shipped flawless and arrived damaged as well.

It's gotten to the point lately where I"m thinking of stopping collecting, because I got seem to get an item in one piece anymore. It's become a pain and very costly for me, since I seem to get stuck with the damaged merchandise for the most part.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
It's most likely an issue with the local/regional post office. Go in and talk to them about it. Only other option is to request everything be shipped UPS/FedEx to you but if the problem isn't localized you'll still get damaged packages as USPS uses UPS and FedEx planes to move mail cross country.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Why don't you just return the damaged goods, or go after the post office for replacement value, if it is clearly a USPS handling problem?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why don't you just return the damaged goods, or go after the post office for replacement value, if it is clearly a USPS handling problem?

They'd just laugh at me and say I had no insurance on the package.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I get almost all my Hero Cards bent to hell even though the package is always marked DO NOT BEND. I have to put them under text books for a few hours lol. Very annoying to say the least.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Insurance, insurance, insurance.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
They'd just laugh at me and say I had no insurance on the package.
If you pay for insurance, and the shipper actually insures the item, there should be no dispute. If you pay for insurance, but shipper doesn't insure, than either you can go back to the seller, or your SOL. Either way I agree with [MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION], insurance insurance insurance.

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
I hear you received car Friday by USPS and shipping box perfect but diecast box had a hole in the top so who do I blame? I'm sending it back but want the car and maybe not receive a car just refund.

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
Get all the insurance you want but USPS insurance ain't worth a crap!!! Been there done that a few times. I would like to know what percent of damaged packages that are insured get reimbursed. I say very small b/c I never received nuttin in 4 trys b/c always my fault and all items were shipped to me. Go figure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We ship mostly using USPS, unless it's something pricey and we've never had an issue before like this! Every time I've ever approached USPS with simple problems, they don't really seem to care.

All I would recommend is that you tell your person your buying it from to package it well. I always package orders as best I can within reason.

·
Impartially partial
9,048 Posts
I had never had a problem until this last week. I won a hat on Ebay. I followed the tracking, and, finally, on Friday, it says it's been delivered to my house. I come home. It's not there. I wait until the next day, figuring it'll probably show up. Nothing.

Anyone have any idea what the heck happened? I live in a private neighborhood, so it's highly unlikely someone would've stolen it from my doorstep in broad daylight. I'm assuming the postal carrier just dropped it off at the wrong house, and that'll be the end of that.

Anyone have any idea what to do? I've never had a package not show up before. I seem to be backed into the corner, because the tracking number shows it as 'Delivered', so I know Ebay won't be able to help me. And the USPS.com website is just a load of BS. "If blah blah blah, wait 21 business days before calling this number".

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
I had never had a problem until this last week. I won a hat on Ebay. I followed the tracking, and, finally, on Friday, it says it's been delivered to my house. I come home. It's not there. I wait until the next day, figuring it'll probably show up. Nothing.

Anyone have any idea what the heck happened? I live in a private neighborhood, so it's highly unlikely someone would've stolen it from my doorstep in broad daylight. I'm assuming the postal carrier just dropped it off at the wrong house, and that'll be the end of that.

Anyone have any idea what to do? I've never had a package not show up before. I seem to be backed into the corner, because the tracking number shows it as 'Delivered', so I know Ebay won't be able to help me. And the USPS.com website is just a load of BS. "If blah blah blah, wait 21 business days before calling this number".
go talk to your carrier, see if he remembers delivering it.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts

I had that happen to me one time. I put in a complaint/investigation with my local USPS and let's just say it's been almost 2 years and I still haven't received my package. lol

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
That sucks [MENTION=1296]Newbie[/MENTION]! I'm just glad that all the packages arrived good for me, so far. Whether it was thru USPS, UPS or FedEx.

·
Registered
746 Posts
[URL=http://diecastcrazy.com/community/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=8fan said:
#8fan[/URL]783816]Get all the insurance you want but USPS insurance ain't worth a crap!!! Been there done that a few times. I would like to know what percent of damaged packages that are insured get reimbursed. I say very small b/c I never received nuttin in 4 trys b/c always my fault and all items were shipped to me. Go figure.

Couldn't agree more. A waste of money to buy insurance, just like on a Car Rental.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts