Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CraZy about 1:87
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that there's a definite preference for boxed and cased cars, which is understandable as far as it goes for preservation. I'm planning a fairly attractive display case so the boxes and cases haven't been important to me (as long as the car itself is mint). I have, however, stashed every case and flat folded every box, in case I ever decided to sell before getting a full set pulled together.

What value would a box of say 50-75 flat folded 1:87 boxes and clear cases have if any?

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
l would guess they'd only be 'worth' something if someone needed them to replace/sell...otherwise they are just packaging...I'd say if you have the space and already saved them...just hang on to them for the future...you never know. And tracking them down at a later date might be next to impossible...I'm not a supporter of guys buying stuff simply to turn a buck, but I'm also realistic enough to know sometimes you get caught in a pinch and need to make some money back on stuff or simply grow tired of collecting...and stuff in boxes sells better than stuff without.

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
When I ordered Danica's hauler last year, the company had the wrong box on it. They sent me the truck anyway and shortly after, they sent me the correct box which I still have it flat, I never formed it yet.

·
1/87 customs
345 Posts
I had cars In the case that wouldn't even sell for .99 without the box. The same cars in a box sold for good money. I personaly don't use the boxes for display. I would be interested in any 2010 boxes for a fair price.

·
just old school
6,161 Posts
Think like an antique dealer, when it comes to toys ( Barbie, GI JOE, Star Wars)
packaging is very important to value, and authenticity
just look at opened Hot Wheels vs one in pkges.
Old fishing tackle, same applies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts