Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate everyones input and help and finding information that i have needed from this site to help my collection, i have collected everyone variation i could find from decal to package change, to some this is not important but to those they want to know all variations, and priceguides since 1989 don't list all of them and even missing some cars that are released, with the help of other list and mine i hope to post all variations that i can to those die hard colletor's that want it all.
Thanks Again!!
www.marksracingcollectibles.com

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Nice adds. I didnt see the movie car. ive been looking for that.

·
Old Man Lurking
185 Posts
I appreciate everyones input and help and finding information that i have needed from this site to help my collection, i have collected everyone variation i could find from decal to package change, to some this is not important but to those they want to know all variations, and priceguides since 1989 don't list all of them and even missing some cars that are released, with the help of other list and mine i hope to post all variations that i can to those die hard colletor's that want it all.
Thanks Again!!
www.marksracingcollectibles.com
Mark, you have taken on quite a task IF you are going to attempt to list all of the (error) cars as well as variations. I can remember in the early to mid 90s when Racing Champion and the early and crude Stock Car Minature Kits were all that were out there. Next thing that happened was that all of the Motel Shows started where people could buy, sell and swap anything and everything NASCAR and a brand new and growing cottege industry started. The first thing that people would look for and pay big prices for were the original Racing Champion "Flat Bottom" packaged cars that I believe were brought out in 1989, then the search started for variations and errors in later cars such as different color wheels on cars, sometimes more than one color on a single car. Next, people would look for a car that might be on a wrong manufacture such as a Dale Earnhardt car on an Olds body. These were the starting of the glory days of collecting, especially in 1/64 collecting.

I remember at a show in South Hill, Va. buying a Wendell Scott hat and shirt from Wendell's daughter who attended several shows within a hundred miles or so from her home in Danville. At that show I also was in a conversation with several of the larger dealers and collectors and we got to laughing about all the craze in error collecting, we began to build an image of a woman in China putting these little cars together not really understanding anything about the product, she might lean over to the woman beside her and say, "See, I just finished another 500 of these little (ricecars)".

48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes There are way to many ERRORS, like you said i remember back in 90 to 92 you could find one car with 4 different manufactures, but it would be almost impossible to post all errors but when i come across some i will post them. i remember buying the first 6 in 1989, then every package , tire,card & decal change RC made i could find till they stopped in 2005, so i will do my best to post all of these as quick as possible. I know i have a bunch that other guides don't list so how do you know they are out there.
Thanks

·
Old Man Lurking
185 Posts
Yes There are way to many ERRORS, like you said i remember back in 90 to 92 you could find one car with 4 different manufactures, but it would be almost impossible to post all errors but when i come across some i will post them. i remember buying the first 6 in 1989, then every package , tire,card & decal change RC made i could find till they stopped in 2005, so i will do my best to post all of these as quick as possible. I know i have a bunch that other guides don't list so how do you know they are out there.
Thanks
The one "Error Car" that always makes me laugh was the Bill Elliott blue and white car that had the wrong paint scheme on it. Actually that car was never an error car and it was built, I remember the pre season show at Winston Salem and the actual car was there, it was in the convention center until the reps. from Coors came in and told the person with the car to get it out of the show and put it back on the trailer because it was not what they had decided on and it was "God Awful Ugly".

Another that brings a smile to my face was either the first or second Robbie Moroso car, I believe it might have been a Bush car. The order was placed with the red color with the white decals (#25 I believe) and they were ready to get them in time for the Daytona 500. Well, the day arrived and the entire lot was a dark pink and not red, needles to say that one was deep sixed and only a few made it from the trailers to the hands of collectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts