Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vickers goes home as car fails post-qualifying tech: Brian Vickers' #83 Team Red Bull Toyota failed post-qualifying inspection Friday afternoon at New Hampshire International Raceway, knocking the team out of the Lenox Industrial Tools 300 field and giving the spot to BAM Racing's #49-Chad Chaffin. The car for Vickers was ruled to be an eighth of an inch too low on its left front, and Vickers' qualifying time was disallowed. The team was looking at shocks and springs to see why the car was too low.(SceneDaily.com)(6-29-2007)

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
and why wasnt this found out until after the qualifying run? seems like this should have been found out before during post qualifying.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If that would have been anybody else they would have just put them in the back of the field and let them start. Thats is BULL SHIT.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Things seem to be pretty quite about this.

Question, is he going to get fined and penalized like the others? It will be interesting to see.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
DP36 said:
If that would have been anybody else they would have just put them in the back of the field and let them start. Thats is BULL SHIT.
Not anyone else... if he drove for Hendrick, or his last name was Earnhardt.. he wouldve started in the rear.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I totally agree with sending drivers home no doubt. I DESPISE cheaters, and I think that if you cheat, send your happy ass home. On the other hand I think this should apply for ALL drivers not just a select few or the teams with little money.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I think the reason he cannot start at the rear is because he is outside the top 35. The aforementioned drivers have their time disallowed, but race because they are in the top 35.
With no qualifying time, somebody else behind Vickers starts the race.

A disallowed time means a 0.00000, he is dead last in qualifying and goes home.

Thats the rules, he knew it before he got on the track. If he wants a starting position, get in the top 35.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BLACKER said:
I think the reason he cannot start at the rear is because he is outside the top 35. The aforementioned drivers have their time disallowed, but race because they are in the top 35.
With no qualifying time, somebody else behind Vickers starts the race.

A disallowed time means a 0.00000, he is dead last in qualifying and goes home.

Thats the rules, he knew it before he got on the track. If he wants a starting position, get in the top 35.
Bingo, something probably "broke" within the car during quals, and thus the car fell down low.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Exactly right Blakcer. Everyone know's the rules that the top 35 are AUTOMATICALLY LOCKED IN NO MATTER WHAT! Hence why Gordon and Johnson got to race at Infineon even though they were banned from making a qualifying attempt. The TOP 35 RULE HAS BEEN IN USE FOR A FEW YEARS NOW! Every team and driver is 100% fully aware of this rule and if you are outside the Top 35 and cheat to get in a race you go bye bye, if you are in the Top 35 and deemed to cheat you stay for the race because THAT'S THE RULE!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
You guys got that one right, Vickers is outside the top 35 in standings, which means Bye Bye for this week!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts