Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lurking in the Shadows
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found 2 hats that I bought last year and I never wore them, but there seems to be a forming brown substance on the outside near the headband part. Can you wash a Chase Authentics hat (of recent) in the washer? Would it be safe to dry? I would rather wash with actual water and not just wipes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Dishwasher usually works, but i'm not sure on washing hats, to me once that bill gets soaked its pretty much ruins it.

·
Lurking in the Shadows
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay. Was wondering if putting it in Washer on Cold would be as effective as dishwasher. Since I probably have to run that first thing tomorrow, and that's the only time I'm free. Thanks for the advice.

·
KB-972
17,161 Posts
I pretty much live in hats,from my work hats,to my race hats. I put them in the washer & dryer all the time. Never had a problem. I wash them in warm water(Delicate cycle) & set dryer on low,damp dry. When thats done I put it over the top of a coffee can.(It re forms it)
Hope that helps. @IronStackz

·
Lurking in the Shadows
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll let you know how they turn out.

Reactions: Mike KB-41

·
Lurking in the Shadows
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, so I washed the 2 hats in the washer like @KB-972 said, I'm happy to say they are both drying on a clothing rack. Thanks to everyone for the advice. It worked great!
Delicates/Hand Wash on Eco-Warm or just Warm worked great.

EDIT: I would have thrown them into the dish-washer but I had a crap load of dishes from a party last night. Washer was a great alternative.

Reactions: Mike KB-41
1 - 9 of 9 Posts