Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching the 1991 Daytona 500 When Bill Elliott Cut a tire and came down the Blue Flag to enter pit road was out and the announcers said it was a lucky break for him since his color flag was out and he had a blue sticker. What was the rule on that? Also side note It was after Elliott's Crew Member was killed on pit road in Atlanta the year prior. Last note it was a shame to see that seagull get smashed by Dale Earnhardt, just another race where something silly hurts his chances of winning.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
This was a time when NASCAR had a bunch of injuries and deaths on pit road due to a lot of cars coming in the pits at full speed. So they instituted a speed limit, but that wasn't all they did. They also had cars pit in two parts. If you qualified on the inside row, you got to pit first; on the outside row, you'd pit second (or something like that), and you had a colored sticker to indicate when you could pit. This didn't last but a few races that year before it was scrapped. It caused so much confusion.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
While watching the 1991 Daytona 500 When Bill Elliott Cut a tire and came down the Blue Flag to enter pit road was out and the announcers said it was a lucky break for him since his color flag was out and he had a blue sticker. What was the rule on that? Also side note It was after Elliott's Crew Member was killed on pit road in Atlanta the year prior. Last note it was a shame to see that seagull get smashed by Dale Earnhardt, just another race where something silly hurts his chances of winning.
At the 1990 season finale, There was a death on pit road, They did this stupid process of pitting. Its complicated, I need someone else to explain this.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[MENTION=425]taterracing[/MENTION] Thank you I didn't remember it and they later said about how the odd and even so I figured it had something to do with some system so I was gaining on it but your answer answers it all haha thank you!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I was doing a little more research and I guess one of the rules was that you could not pit under yellow. If you did, you were penalized a lap.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[MENTION=425]taterracing[/MENTION] That's just crazy....so happy they got rid of that rule same with what they tried doing in the truck series a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
[MENTION=425]taterracing[/MENTION] That's just crazy....so happy they got rid of that rule same with what they tried doing in the truck series a few years ago.
The K&N Pro Series still has the no fuel and tires on the same stop rule.

Yeah, it's like with a lot of things, NASCAR will try something, it doesn't work or they find a better solution, so they scrap it. Same with that Truck pitting rule, same with the wings on the COT and a variety of other things.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
wow

i love these marathons i missed that race i wasnt home but now i'm watching the 1988 500

·
13,197 Posts
darn they showed the daytona 500 bobby allison won can't they show the one davey won

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow

i love these marathons i missed that race i wasnt home but now i'm watching the 1988 500
Me Too! I kinda wish there was a channel that just shown races from green to checker no cuts still with commericals of course.

·
13,197 Posts
oh dale jarrett's 93 win is on

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I have so many old races in my collection I never know what I want to watch.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
This explains it. Pretty ridiculous, I think.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW5K1Ba21n8]NASCAR - Crazy Pit Rules In 1991 - YouTube[/ame]

·
13,197 Posts
I have so many old races in my collection I never know what I want to watch.
do you have old nationwide races from 2003 or Ricky Hendrick's truck win?

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
do you have old nationwide races from 2003 or Ricky Hendrick's truck win?
I am currently working on an inventory after moving. Let me know exact races you are looking for.

[MENTION=425]taterracing[/MENTION]. My last inventory list is of so let's say it is all approximate numbers 700 cup races, 230 nw races, 75 truck races, 60 east/west races, 44 arca races, 36 iroc races, and 88 other races from other series. All of these are 2009 and older. I stopped recording them near the end of 09.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
I dont have ESPNClassic :( , but there is this place called YouTube. :)

·
13,197 Posts
I am currently working on an inventory after moving. Let me know exact races you are looking for.

@taterracing. My last inventory list is of so let's say it is all approximate numbers 700 cup races, 230 nw races, 75 truck races, 60 east/west races, 44 arca races, 36 iroc races, and 88 other races from other series. All of these are 2009 and older. I stopped recording them near the end of 09.
i pmed you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts