Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't recall seeing anything about these before. I saw 4, 1/24 scale 2007 Winners Circle cars at Target this morning. The hoods opened. There was a 9, 20, 29 and 24 there with the regular paint schemes for these cars. They appeared to be cast from the old Pit Stop tooling like the American Heroes cars were. They were $27.69 ea. It was also good to see that this Target had reduced their 1/64 prices back down to 4.94.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That's interesting. The only ones I had heard of w/opening hoods were the Jr. Camo, Stars and Stripes and the Elvis 30. I didn't know they were offering any others that way.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
That's interesting. The only ones I had heard of w/opening hoods were the Jr. Camo, Stars and Stripes and the Elvis 30. I didn't know they were offering any others that way.
also the rest of the american heros set that was released from target and the Gordon, Jr, Johnson that was released from Lowes

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
here are the POP #'s

(POP #70331) 2007 1/24 Jeff Gordon – Dupont (Hood Open)

(POP #70332) 2007 1/24 Kasey Kahne – Dodge Dealers (Hood Open)

(POP #70330) 2007 1/24 Kevin Harvick – Shell (Hood Open)

(POP #70333) 2007 1/24 Tony Stewart – Home Depot (Hood Open)

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i wish it would have been the COT, so i could have something different other than a contingency sticker difference.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Does the hood open on the Jr. WC Elvis COT?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Yes it does and it comes in a hard plastic display case.

·
Registered
589 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
i wish it would have been the COT, so i could have something different other than a contingency sticker difference.
I wish it was because it will look the same as next years exept the sprint cup and contingencies

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Yes it does and it comes in a hard plastic display case.
Well, I know about the hard plastic case (Duh, I sent it to you, remember!!) but I never actually opened the car to see if the hood opened!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Well, ya know what, I didn't either. It is a seperate piece from the rest of the body. Let's put it that way. Now, it may or may not open, but since it was a seperate piece, I assumed that it opened. I don't wanna open mine, so I guess now that ya mention it, I'll never know unless someone verifies it. LOL! I didn't realize it was you who posted that question. I saw the question, but didn't look to see who posted it. ;D

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I guess that's what happens when you get old and senile!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I'll let you know when I get that way.......... ;)

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Ohio29 said:
JoKeR_20 said:
I wish it was because it will look the same as next years exept the sprint cup and contingencies
well at least the Stewart would have a big differnce since it would change from a chevy to a toyota.

·
Registered
326 Posts
64825 – 24 - Jeff Gordon - Dupont Hood Open
64826 – 48 - Jimmie Johnson - Lowe's Hood Open
64824 – 8 - Dale Earnhardt Jr - Budweiser Hood Open - Adult Car

I picked up these 3 2007 Hood Open cars at Lowe's back in early December. I saw the ones at Target with different SKU numbers. The packing is also different.

The cars from Lowes are packaged like the regular 1/24's. The Cars at Target are in Acrylic cases.

What was really interesting is I saw the cars at Target Thrusday a week ago the had Six cars. 2 - 24's, 2 - 9's 1 - 20, 1 - 29. On the Follwing Tuesday 5 days later they were all still there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts