Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never bought one of these back in '98 because I was too interested in getting the real cars but as I was browsing ebay trying to find some Jarrett stuff to fill out a couple holes in my collection, I ran across them and gave them a look. They actually looked pretty cool, the concept was neat. Wish the idea had lasted to 1999 so maybe I could have gotten a Stewart of some sort.

Question is, would any of y'all current collectors have an interest if something like this came back? I know Lionel has their own issues and we're finally just now getting Spin Master doing half decent in distribution (the cars have looked great almost since the beginning though) so maybe now wouldn't be the best time to throw something like this on them, but once they had their ducks in a row and could do something maybe this would be an interesting concept. It'd be better than the alternate finish cars, at least IMO.

Anyone who is interested if this were to come back, what would you prefer for a design? Like WC's with the current paint jobs on classic bodies or maybe custom period-style designs (one or two-tone, with maybe the team name or something in big letters on the rear fenders, the car number on the trunk in addition to the doors and roof, and the engine numbers on the hood, etc)? Just an idea to kick around and have a little fun with since it most likely isn't on the table for any time soon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts