Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bass Pro shop opening about 20 miles from me, which was supposed to open in October last year. Well there was a bunch of rain and other issues that came up and it didnt open on time. Well at the time Martin Truex was going to be at the grand opening. I figured I would go and get at least his Dega win car auto'd. Well since it was pushed back Turex was bumped from the grand opening.

Now it is Febuary and I am still waiting on when the Bass Pro shop will open and who will be there, if anybody. Well I get a phone call from my father-in-law and he like "you are definatlly going to Bass Pro Shops this wednesday right?". I told him I didnt even know it was opening yet. Then he told me that Bill Dance and more of the Bass Masters, Duece Mcallister, Kerry Earnhardt, Richard Childress and best of all...............Tony Stewart will be there for the opening. I was so hyped to know I am finally going to be able to meet Tony. The closest he has come to me was about 6 hours away and my wife told me I was crazy for even thinking about going. I ended up backing out because it landed just 2 days after one of my surgeries and I was in no shape to drive that far on meds and crutches, lol.

So know i have to figure out what cars I am getting auto'd. For Stewart, I think I am going to get his 05 Chamionship color chrome car auto'd. That was the first year I started re-watching Nascar, I had picked him from the start of the year and then he pulled of the Championship the same year, so that car kinda has some centimental meaning to me. As far as Childress I am tied. Either Im going to get him to sign one of Harvicks that I have signed by Kevin already or I am going to get him to sign my Earnhardt Sr 2001 w/the Sonic symbol behind the rear wheel. I have nothing of Kerry so I will probably get him to sign a hero card or possibly the Sr car if I decide to take that one.

I plan on taking a bunch of pics, so I will post them then.

But on the note of getting auto's.........which one would yall take for Childress to sign, I am kinda torn on that one, please weigh in.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Hey Joker do you Childresses Farewell to Winston Cholorchrome that they did? That would be a good one to have signed since it has Sr. name on it and it's the car that Richard drove a victory lap in before the start of the last Winston race. Just an idea bud.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I'm excited for ya Joker. I remember the first time I got to see Dave. It was a cluster, but still really memorable. Whatever ya take to get signed, will become another sentimental piece. Can't wait to see the report and pics. Have a Ball!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thunder_alley1984 said:
Hey Joker do you Childresses Farewell to Winston Cholorchrome that they did? That would be a good one to have signed since it has Sr. name on it and it's the car that Richard drove a victory lap in before the start of the last Winston race. Just an idea bud.
no i dont have that one, but that is the second time i was asked if i had that one for the auto. as of 1:24 the only Earnhardt Sr i have is the K-2, 2001 Oreo, Bass Pro Shop, 2001 w/ sonic behind the rear wheel and 2 special 7&7 Sr/Petty trucks. i dont and out of those if i were to get Childress to sign it, it would be the 2001 w/sonic. but if i were to get him sign something else, it would be one of the Harvicks that i have that Kevin signed. but that would leave me out of anything for Kerry to sign, but then again Bass Pro shops might have a car of his for sale there and just get him to sign that one. IDK

there will also be Truex's car and the #20 Bass Pro shops sprint car that i think Stewart drove. i will make a post for sure of all the people and cars that i can get. it works out right since that same day i was heading out that way because of where the Targets are, they are only about another 5 and 15 miles more to hit those and maybe the end caps will be displayed by then.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
You are a lucky man Joker!!!! Get whatever you think is best to be signed. I think the Oreo, would be the best to be signed, by Childress. Considering it was The Big E's final finish!!!

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Hey Joker Kerry did drive a Bass Pro Shops car...Maybe just maybe someone scooped up a bunch to sell there. I would say don't get a Sr. car signed because you might feel like it's incomplete later on down the line since Dale is gone and can't sign it too. Plus i'm just nit picky on having cars signed in general I actually love having hero cards signed by the drivers. I have a book full of the diecasts....just seem to get lost in the clutter of the other 400 cars lol. I do have a couple signed Harvick's from his website, one signed by Bobby Labonte (have 2 of it though), one signed by DW (sold that way) and one of the Harvicks is signed by Raines also. I do have a Bowyer Delco car signed but I got it off gomotorbids so some scalper wouldn't get it lol.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EarnhardtJrFan said:
You are a lucky man Joker!!!! Get whatever you think is best to be signed. I think the Oreo, would be the best to be signed, by Childress. Considering it was The Big E's final finish!!!
yea the Oreo was the last race he finished in, but the Goodwrench w/sonic was the last car Big E was in.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Hope you have fun man! Nothing like meeting your favorite...I have been able to meet Scott and Stephen, still waiting for Kasey.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i got my diecast ready and my sharpies ready to go. packed up my backpack, bubble wrapped each one and brought an extra or 2 just in case im able to get back in the lines more than once.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Ya better post some pics when you get back! Best O' Luck!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kharvick29fn said:
awesome joker!!! Have fun!!
had a great time. so lets get to todays story.........................

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well lets start off the day, went and picked up a friend of mine and we headed out. we hit 2 Targets and never found the display. i did run across the 50th cars so i did pick up the 1:87, 1:24 and 1:64 Stewarts. well after that i drove to Bass Pro Shop at about 12. well we get there and was told that unless i was a vendor, i wasnt getting back to the store. i told the cop that online it said that the store opened at 8am and he said that that was wrong and that the store would open at 6. so i decide to just ride home.

well a couple of hours later my son calls me and says that his mom said it would be ok if i went and picked him up and he could go with me since she wasnt going to go. well by the time i picked him up and was heading out Larkin calls me at 5 to tell me that i am [email protected]#ked and i should have already been there since the parking lot was completely packed and people were starting to park way down the highway and walking to the store.

well i stopped on my way to pick up one of my friends, Chuck so he could get out and about. well we show up about 6 and the cops now have the whole road blocked off and no way in.....or so they thought. i shot into a big rig gas station and shot through the back and got around the blockade and shot into a packed parking lot and found an empty spot and walked to the store from there which wasnt more than a 1/4 mile.

well long introduction about the store and yada yada, they finally open the doors. they then funnel a crowd of roughly 6000 people through an opening in between a car and a trailer that is about 10 feet wide. so needless to say it was very packed to try and get into the walk way to get to the front doors. we get inside and the first thing i did was walk right to where Tony's line was. it only had about 400+ people in it. i started thinking about the ad saying that the signing would be from 6:30-8. and by the time we got in line it was already 7. so i held my hopes up that we would make it there in time. well by 8:05 we were about 10 people out from meeting Tony, Childress, and Kerry. the line kept moving and i finally made it. the first person we met was Richard Childress, very nice man to meet. i had him sign Earnhardt Sr's last ride 2001 car. next up was Kerry Earnhardt, nice guy and had him sign a couple of cards.

Finally i get to meet Tony, a real pleasure to meet him, he was very nice, unlike what i have heard about him, i shook his hand and wished him luck this season and he thanked me back. i couldnt help but feeling like jumping by the time it was done. i had him sign the 2005 color chrome Championship car and the 2005 Indy raced win car.

well once we were done it was about 8:15, then we heard someone say that they were shutting the line down in another 15 minutes, so we just made it in the right amount of time. when the line was moving very slow and i was thinking that i wasnt going to make it up there, i was thinking about going further to the front and asking someone how much their spot in line was worth. im glad i didnt do that. so after that we walked around and shopped for a while. then on our way out we stopped and looked and Truex's car and Tonys sprint car. pretty eventful night and a meeting that i will never forget.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Nice stuff. It's always good to meet your favorite. To this day I still get nervous meeting Bill and Juan.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I'm so happy for ya Joker. That's great that it all worked out for ya. Good thinking on the alternate entry route. Sounds like if ya had not done that, ya woulda missed the boat.
The pics are great and super choice of things ta get signed. So glad it worked out. You will remember that day forever! :yes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts