Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a race talk thread in a few weeks so I thought I would start one for this weekends events.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First thing I want to know is how did DJ qualify 3rd? I know he will be 40th in 8 laps but did they make an error with the time scoring?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
It doesn't matter-- Hell, Jr. qualified 5th, but here's my prediction for the race.

Johnson will win, but only gain a few points on Gordon because he'll finish third or fourth and lead the most laps.
Jr. will blow an engine before the race is three-quarters over, even though he contends most of the afternoon and gets all his fans' hopes up that he might actually have a chance to put the #8 in victory lane one more time before he leaves.
Peeblo will wreck someone else but it won't be his fault.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
This is probably the worst Busch Series race I've ever seen. Rivaling the Martinsville race last year. The only thing going for this one is that restarts aren't being missed (NBC did a piss poor job of that last year).

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
taterracing said:
This is probably the worst Busch Series race I've ever seen. Rivaling the Martinsville race last year. The only thing going for this one is that restarts aren't being missed (NBC did a piss poor job of that last year).
?? What do you want to see out of a race? I don't get it. Bumping, banging, racing, wrecking. pit stradagey. It's all here. They knock the points leader around half of the day got his car all bent up he's back on the lead lap. Guess you like Homestead where they go around in circles all day and the excitment for the day is someone exchanging the lead? I really can't see where anyone one wouldn't enjoy todays Memphis race. A record # of cautions, track has been changing all day. I would be surprised to see a half a dozen drivers without donuts or some kind of damage on the car. About the worse part of the Race is listening to Rusty Wallace all day. other than that I wouldn't mind seeing one really good green flag run right before the end. then let all heck break loose again.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Wait there's a race going on in Memphis? I'll I see is a demolition derby. The race is taking forever to complete. Well over half the race has been under caution. I haven't seen a whole lot of passing either. Beatin and Bangin is one thing but this is much more than beatin and bangin. It's 1 caution after another leading to an extremely slow paced race which causes ffans to look elsewhere. Hell I've been watching football most of the day because I can't stand the slow pace of the so called Busch race.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I tune into a race to see a RACE! Not this crap. If wanted to see this, I'd go to a demolition derby. These are supposed to be professional racecar drivers, some of the world-class drivers, and they're driving like they've never been behind the wheel before.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Well I bet Tateracing and JJ are enjoying todays race! Lots of racing and passing....Lots of riding in circles. Not much excitement for me on this one but I guess we all have our differences in opinions on what excitement and professional race car drivers are. The professionals in my opinion are racing today for a great 4 hour yawn, nap, and snack Race!! Last night had the want to be pros and the busch wackers in a great sluggfest on asphault last night! I would take watching that race ANY day over todays race so far!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
kspool said:
It doesn't matter-- Hell, Jr. qualified 5th, but here's my prediction for the race.

Johnson will win, but only gain a few points on Gordon because he'll finish third or fourth and lead the most laps.
Jr. will blow an engine before the race is three-quarters over, even though he contends most of the afternoon and gets all his fans' hopes up that he might actually have a chance to put the #8 in victory lane one more time before he leaves.
Well, I was at about 60%.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
kspool said:
kspool said:

Well, I was at about 60%.
You weren't that far off there spoolio! about Jr.'s luck for the year. Jr. should just shut the #8 car down and go ahead on over and start working with Hendricks. DEI has an unlucky horseshoe hanging over that shop!!! What a sucky ending to a boring day!!! I guess ther was some excitement if you would consider it that. I think the whole race completely stunk!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Man, two races in a row finished under caution! That might have shaped up to be a classic finish too, maybe a repeat of the 2005 finish between Edwards and Johnson.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Yeah, I heard. Water in the tank. That sucks though, Hamlin really needed a good run to get back into the chase. It's over for him. I really haven't watched much since the Chase started. I still hate the chase. But I've just been bored with NASCAR this year. I don't like the top 35 rule, I don't like the chase, I don't like the COT. I still cheer for my drivers, but I find myself tuning into the NFL and the Patriots and the Red Sox more than NASCAR.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts