Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i get to have what is hopefully my last surgery. they are going in removing the screws out of my knee. the surgery itself should only last about 15 minutes, but depending on complications or having to play hide and seek with the screws it could take upwards of an hour. i will update yall later afternoon on how things went.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Sounds like fun.....NOT! Hope it all goes well, lookin' forward to a good report this PM.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Good luck bud!! Keep me posted and let me know when you get back home. If you need anything give me a call!! Sure don't mind returning a favor!!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
He called me today after he got out of recovery. All went well and he should be on sometime this evening!! We can all officially say he got his screws loosened today!!! LOL Glad it all went good there Eric!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
more like i "lost my screws", lol. all is goin alright right now. i am very sore from the surgery but they said this should pass in the next day or so. im kinda light headed still from the sedation. i'll probably post more tomorrow but i think im gonna lay down for most of the rest of the day.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Yeah, it's scary thinking about it!!!
I am going to need 2 knee surgeries very soon. I have been putting it off for the last 3 years. I went through an arthroscopic surgery 10 years ago on 1 knee, that lasted for 4 hours grinding on the bones. Know I have to plan on both knees being reground, 1 again!!!
It gets scary as you get old!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i have had 3 scopes, 1 lateral release, and now a realignment. now the last thing being i had to get the screws removed because they felt like ants under my skin. they itched and scratched all day and i had to ignore it. if i scratched it, it just made it worse. my doctor said he would have liked to leave them in and i told him i would have went nuts to have to have an itch i couldnt scratch.

and to answer your question Kwik, i wish. i was told when the accident happened that i would never be 100% ever again. we have fought with it for 4 years now and before the last surgery i was only at about 25% in my knee. well now that the realignment was done i dont have as much pain, very minimal and i am able to get around a hell of alot more. i am able to actually ride a bike again, which makes my son happy that we can do things again. but it is also like my doctor said, "We arent tryin to make chicken salad out of chick shit". we knew was were gonna get a certain amount of it and if i can get around and do things again, i should be happy with about 80%

1 - 14 of 14 Posts