Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What former 1980's and 1990's Grand National and Truck Series tracks would you like to see back on the schedule?
I think they need to go back to where they started and avoid running many tracks in common with the cup series.

For the truck series these come to mind:
Darlington, Evergreen, Flemington, I-70, Louisville, Mansfield, Mesa Marin, Myrtle Beach, Nashville, North Wilkesboro, Pikes Peak, Portland, Rockingham, Saugus, South Boston, Tucson, Walt Disney World
I think they could run each track listed above once and keep 1 race at Bristol, Charlotte, Daytona, Dover or New Hampshire (not both), Phoenix and Talladega
For the Grand National series, these come to mind:
Asheville, Caraway, Greenville-Pickens, Hickory, Langley, Lanier, Louisville, Myrtle Beach, Nashville, Nazareth, North Wilkesboro, Orange County, Pikes Peak, Rockingham, South Boston, Volusia
And then keep 1 race at Atlanta, Bristol, California, Charlotte, Darlington, Daytona, Dover, Las Vegas, New Hampshire, Homestead, Michigan, Phoenix, Richmond, Talladega, Texas

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'd like to see the trucks back at AMS and the Nationwide Series hit up Road Atlanta or Gresham Motorsports Park. Extra races in Georgia would probably be frowned upon though. Maybe the Trucks could go to Gresham in lieu of an AMS return.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to see the trucks back at AMS and the Nationwide Series hit up Road Atlanta or Gresham Motorsports Park. Extra races in Georgia would probably be frowned upon though. Maybe the Trucks could go to Gresham in lieu of an AMS return.
I think Gresham sounds like a good fit but I don't know about Road Atlanta, it would probably just cater to ringers more than young talent coming up.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Fremont Drag Strip!Biggest Bust Ever!I know we are talking Nascar but still.Almost 30 Years later.A multi use Facilty also had a dirt trackAKA Baylands.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All of them that aren't now shopping mall parking lots.
If they can race on the tarmac at an airport they can race in a parking lot, although there may be the occasional caution for a loose shopping cart in the middle of the track.

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
Flemington sadly was torn down about a decade ago.

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
I'd like to see them bring back some of the old short tracks, maybe Rockingham and North Wilkesboro, but realistically, it's just not going to happen. They left those tracks for a reason.
You saw how the trucks went back to Rockingham, and how long did that last?

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Myrtle Beach just took out a grandstand to put in a concert stage
Well it is still better off than most of the tracks that I listed which are completely gone, although the chances of them racing there again isn't very good unfortunately.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
No one is racing at I-70 unless Carl Edwards buys the place and rebuilds it... Its so far gone now, rehabbing it wouldn't work. I imagine if it ever happens it'll be a dirt track again.

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
Isn't Flemington a Lowes now? And Louisville is now just a warehouse park. If it's the Portland road course then yes I would love to see that and Pikes Peak back

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
It's kind of shocking just how many tracks just get left to the weeds.

I'm almost shocked some drivers, team owners haven't bought some of these tracks for a personal playground or keeping them alive.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
I thought it was a disgrace that the Trucks and Nationwide left IRP.

Grand National: South Boston, Rougemont, Nazareth, Pikes Peak
Trucks: Portland, I-70, Louisville (RIP),

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
A billion times this.

--

For those who want to depress themselves about all the fallen tracks around the country.. Lost Speedways | Facebook

1 - 20 of 30 Posts