Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
What are your top 5 most exciting/boring races you have ever watched??

what are your top 5(or 10) most exciting/thrilling races and boring/fall asleep races you have ever watched??
id say more recent (2000-now)
(you can do top 10 as well)

mine-(in no particular order)

Exciting
2011 Aarons 499
2009 Aarons 499
2011 ford 400
2012 bud shootout
2012 daytona 500
2010 All Star
Boring
2009 coke 600
2012 California
nearly every cup race at california..lol

·
May the tires always blow in your favor.
1,311 Posts
Exciting: 2009 Aarons 499
2003 Carolina Dodge Dealers 400
2004 Daytona 500 (For Wimmer, not for Junior)
2008 Pepsi 300 @ Nashville
2011 Showtime Southern 500

Boring: Any Michigan race
Any Auto Club race
Any Pocono race
Any Indy race (exception-2011)
Any Kansas race

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exciting: Any Short track!

Boring(LONG): Whichever year the Brickyard had the Good Year tire issue. Mandatory 10 laps cautions to change tire out. Longest race of my life!
2008 brickyard

·
Registered
126 Posts
I saw Jeff Burton lead 300 of 300 at Loudon. What a snooze.... There wasn't any passing at all - not even mid-pack! One lane only. I saw a Dover race that was pretty good.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Whats wrong with Auto Club? I think theres been some good races there!

·
May the tires always blow in your favor.
1,311 Posts
Whats wrong with Auto Club? I think theres been some good races there!
One driver leads and pulls away to a 23 second lead in like 13 laps, there's never any cautions, and only like 4 drivers dominate it everytime.

·
Impartially partial
9,048 Posts
1997 Daytona 500
2001 Atlanta Spring Race
2000 Talladega Fall Race
2001 Talladega Spring Race
2011 Talladega Spring Race

Boring:
2008 Brickyard 400
2012 Auto Club Spring Race

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
One driver leads and pulls away to a 23 second lead in like 13 laps, there's never any cautions, and only like 4 drivers dominate it everytime.
I know, there's not much excitement but Its always nice to know that JJ always has a good chance to win there. They should shut it down and go race at Rockingham or go somewhere else twice.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
They really should stop going to Auto Club. Horrible racing and it's way out of the way and the attendence is absolutley horrible. I'm actually in favor of them not having a track west of Kansas/Texas(whichever is more west).

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts

I know, there's not much excitement but Its always nice to know that JJ always has a good chance to win there. They should shut it down and go race at Rockingham or go somewhere else twice.
THERES An IDEA ROCKINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts
Well exciting is tough to say there have been some great races recently but boring here's my list
BORING RACES:
AUTO CLUB(ANY RACE)
2008 Rockingham ARCA( Was actually at this race and Logano lapped all but 1 car at one time)
Any Pocono Race Denny Hamlin Wins
Infineon (Half the races there are boring other half are slightly interesting)
New Hampshire (It's small but nowhere close to short track racing)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The '01 Spring Atlanta race is at the top of the list for excitement, to me at least. (And I'm not even a Sr./Harvick fan)

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
They really should stop going to Auto Club. Horrible racing and it's way out of the way and the attendence is absolutley horrible. I'm actually in favor of them not having a track west of Kansas/Texas(whichever is more west).
That's easy for you to say since you live in Florida. I've never been to a single NASCAR race because of the scarcity of tracks west of the Mississippi. I am in favor of Auto Club staying on the circuit because it gives people who live on the west coast more races to see. We really need a track up in Washington or Oregon, then the sport and truly be nationwide and not just a southern/east coast sport.

Btw my top 5 favorites
2002 Bristol night
Any Dega or Daytona from 2000-2009 (except the 09 Daytona 500)
2003 Infineon
2004 Gateway Truck Race
2011 Ford 400

·
Bengals CraZy
706 Posts
That's easy for you to say since you live in Florida. I've never been to race because of the scarcity of tracks west of the Mississippi. I am in favor of Auto Club stay on the circuit because it gives people who live on the west coast more races to see. We really need a track up in Washington or Oregon, then the sport and truly be nationwide and not just a southern/east coast sport.

Btw my top 5 favorites
2002 Bristol night
Any Dega or Daytona from 2001-2009 (except the 09 Daytona 500)
2003 Infineon
2004 St Louis Truck Race
they used to race at portland in the trucks there at the road course. Bring it Back!. Awsome race to watch [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiS7AU1ANUE]NASCAR Craftsman Trucks at Portland 1999: (pt.1/9) - YouTube[/ame]

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts
Also arca races at daytona until the last lap (oo lets see who can HUG THE YELLOW LINE)

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
EXCITING
1)Kurt Busch 06 Bristol win, first in PRS equipment...bump and run for the lead then held his ground for the win, sparked a shoving match between kenseth and Gordon.
2)Martin willing a win at MIS in 09 as two or three cars ahead of him ran out of fuel to the finish.
3)Harvick winning the Coke 600 last year. I had picked up the early release armed forces diecast on a whim, met him in the garage and had him sign it, wished him luck...and met him in VL when it was over...better still the drunken faction leaving the track were STILL convinced the 88 actually won and couldn't come to grips with the fact he hadn't as he too ran out of fuel THAT close.
4) Burton and Kenseth dueling at Dover for the last 50 laps or so...Kenseth was strong in 1 and 2 while Burton was strong in 3 and 4...at the finish...the 31 pulled it off.
5)Watching the 3 car race from about 15th to the win in a matter of less than ten laps...can't even recall the year but it was pretty amazing considering the circumstances...just amazing driving.

worst
1) anything at new hampshire.
2) most races at MIS
3) most races at california
4) bristol with the old configuration and crashes every five laps...
5) bristol night race in 05...everyone was driving so conservatively to avoid falling out of the chase nobody pushed it for a win and Kenseth ran away with it...happy to see him win but it wasn't hard core racing it was points racing.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts