Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Looks like maybe a trackside elite being sold by some *astard trying to fool someone into buying it. Thats only a guess though

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I think the guy just forgot his decimal point in his listing. He has the stars and stripes club car for $24. He actually has this one listed as a stars & stripes car.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That's what RCCA did. They "brought back" (lol) the Club car, by repackaging the Trackside Elites and calling them Club cars.
They are Elites made outta club car/bank bodies. I.E. un-opening trunk. I sure hope he left out a decimal point, or that one goes in the stupid EBay auctions posting.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I know that's what the trackside elites are, over priced hood only opening club cars! but that's the first owners select club car I've seen. I would like to find out some more info on that!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Like I said, I believe they are Trackside Elites in a different box.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FFighter_21 said:
Like I said, I believe they are Trackside Elites in a different box.
Why is the Jr. the only one out? They didn't make a trackside elite of that one that I know of. I was at the race it came out at and the only trackside elite they had was his regular. Kind of strange.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
It was after that that they decided to re-introduce the Club cars, and they also realized prolly that they didn't make enough of the Camo Elites, so this was a way to mke more Camo cars and make more $$$$$$. You know that's what MA/Action exists for. That and to screw us. LOL!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Contacted the seller and yes he had not entered the decimal point in the listing and went back and edited it. This is the response I got from him on the info of the car.

Dear fishin4cars,

The limited edition Owners Club Select car are made for RCCA members only. This car is a hood open only version of the OWNERS ELITE? car, with a little less detail and skybox packaging. These cars will include a stamped chassis number and a DIN number inside the rear window. This car Dale drove over Memorial Day weekend at Charlotte.

- buzzitt1

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
What the hell is "Skybox" packaging?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
They used to advertise skybox packaging in the old RCCA Elites, but I never knew what they were talking about back then either.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to know more about them. Anyone here with a membership ever seen these in the catalog?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
JPM42 said:
I'd like to know more about them. Anyone here with a membership ever seen these in the catalog?
I've seen them in the catalog, but they haven't released any yet. This may be the first one to be delivered. They haven't been offered too long.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
heres the reply i got from him:

The limited edition Owners Club Select car were made for RCCA members only. This car is a hood open only version of the OWNERS ELITE? car, with a little less detail and skybox packaging. These cars will include a stamped chassis number and a DIN number inside the rear window. This car Dale drove on Memorial Day weekend at Charlotte.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
JPM42 said:
I think Ron buys these. I know he used to buy club cars. Still, the question of the day remains... "what is skybox packaging?"

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kspool said:
JPM42 said:
I think Ron buys these. I know he used to buy club cars. Still, the question of the day remains... "what is skybox packaging?"
That and how many other drivers have cars like this.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Maybe they have a clear sleeve but he just doesn't have it in the picture.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts