Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told today by gomotorbids.com that they "have been ordered to cease all buying and consigning" of all diecast products. Anyone know what is up with them. Does not speak well for the diecast industry. If they close their doors that is another one in addition to Howard Distribution in Mayfield Ky. that is leaving the industry this spring.

gomotorbids.com was great to work with when you wanted to sell some old product. I would consign the product and get about the same as selling on eBay with all the fees, listing time and shipping cost. I also liked to purchase diecast old items from them, I have found allot of items that have completed sets, themes or collections of mine. They had allot of great pieces when they would sell old collections.

Is eBay the only place to go now. Back in the old days it was fun to travel to the diecast shows/swap meets. I meet allot of great people that way now there are none of them.
Lionel/RCCA should start a few swap meets around the country, sell booths and so on like the old days. Do it the week end of a race close to the track. Just a thought!

Do any of you know of a business that is set up to purchase and sell diecast collections like gomotorbids.com by auction. I would hate to see them go out of business. But it is a sign of the times. And the government say's the economy is back BS

Anyone got any info to add to this?

Thanks

winningedge24

·
Registered
903 Posts
This is the first I have heard of it. I truly hope it is not a case of closing down. That site has enabled me to pick up several rare pcs for my collection.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Maybe Russ can shed some light to us members [MENTION=1349]GoMotorBids[/MENTION]

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
You didn't happen to receive this news on Sunday, did you?

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
Interesting. If you go through the 'Help' section there is a "Will GMB buy my collection?' option. If you click it, it says 'Yes we are interested...blah, blah, click here.' If you click there, the page is MIA.
Hope this is just some technical issue, as GMB has been a great resource, as others have said.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I imagine, JMO, that it has become easier to sell ARC/RCCA leftovers and items from the Gordon Foundation and the like rather than have to deal w/John Q. Public. Less hassle and less work..

·
Collectibles marketplace
135 Posts
The Diecast Crazy community has always been fantastic to GoMotorBids, and supported us through thick and thin, so it makes sense that we give you guys the inside scoop before it becomes "official" next week.

Yes, we are closing. We have been trying to hang in there as long as we could, to at least be one of the last men standing, but the poor economy has finally gotten the best of us.

More details will come next week, but what I can tell you is that we are going to try and go out with a bang. As we begin liquidation, you guys and gals will get to be the beneficiaries of some really great deals here in the very near future, so stay tuned!

All of us at GMB want to thank each and every one of you for what you've done for us over the years. Our team here is a fantastic group of dedicated individuals who all really enjoy what we do, and we're heartbroken that we just couldn't find a way to make this operation more profitable. Nonetheless, everyone feels like we've given it our all and nobody is walking away from this in bad spirits.

That's all for now, but like I said, a lot more info will be forthcoming next week.

Thanks again to Franklin and the whole Diecast Crazy community for standing behind us.

Sincerely,

Russ Dickey
Marketing

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
This is sad news for the industry overall, and is just another example of the current state of the economy and diecast market as a whole.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
The Diecast Crazy community has always been fantastic to GoMotorBids, and supported us through thick and thin, so it makes sense that we give you guys the inside scoop before it becomes "official" next week.

Yes, we are closing. We have been trying to hang in there as long as we could, to at least be one of the last men standing, but the poor economy has finally gotten the best of us.

More details will come next week, but what I can tell you is that we are going to try and go out with a bang. As we begin liquidation, you guys and gals will get to be the beneficiaries of some really great deals here in the very near future, so stay tuned!

All of us at GMB want to thank each and every one of you for what you've done for us over the years. Our team here is a fantastic group of dedicated individuals who all really enjoy what we do, and we're heartbroken that we just couldn't find a way to make this operation more profitable. Nonetheless, everyone feels like we've given it our all and nobody is walking away from this in bad spirits.

That's all for now, but like I said, a lot more info will be forthcoming next week.

Thanks again to Franklin and the whole Diecast Crazy community for standing behind us.

Sincerely,

Russ Dickey
Marketing
WOW...very disappointing to hear this.As a longtime customer,I'd like to thank you and the company for everything you guys have brought to this hobby and offered to us collectors as a whole.I wish nothing but the best for everyone at GMB in their future endeavors.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:WHATAMILOOKINGAT:

GMB has always been a great resource for me
sorry to hear this

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Jeez, I hate hearing this. I check GMB everyday for new items I'm interested in, and have made several purchases in the past. The customer service has always been top notch.

GMB will be missed.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts

Sincerely,

Russ Dickey
Marketing
Thanks for the heads up. We APPRECIATE everything you have done for the board, and I myself want to thank you as I have been a customer from the very beginning.
It is a sad day for the Hobby. I hope that maybe something will happen to allow you to change your position on this, but if not, Thank you again, and best of luck in all of your future endeavors...

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,553 Posts
I thought something was up about a week ago. I visit GoMotorbids.com on Ebay all the time and in the last 2 weeks I noticed a big decline in the number of items they where selling. What a bummer. I hate to see them go.:sad:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sucks to see. My local dealer shut his doors in February as well. Sign of the times, as many have said. These things simply cost too much money and can too easily be had significantly cheaper later on.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Wow, this really does suck. Very appreciative of everything you've done for the board. Hate to see you guys go :(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts