Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this local story(Houston, TX) has been reported in any of your areas, but I need help to understand this one. I am in no way a racist and I don't want to here your racist remarks. If you post them, I'll delete them myself. All I want is any info on this matter if anybody has a clue about this one. I know this is a touchy subject, and may be someday we can all get over the race thing and just be part of the Human Race.

The Harris County DA and some assistant DA's are in trouble down here. It's a long complicated story that I won't go into. If you want to read up on it, you can go to one of our local news station's websites.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/

OK here is the deal....I believe one of the assistant DA's sent an email to the DA or someone else and it used the word "Canadians" in it to describe some of the jury members. Now the black community here is saying that "Canadian" is slang for the "N" word. Everyone I have talked to has never heard this until now. I'm sorry but they lost me on this one and I do not understand how the two go together. When did this start? How did it come about using Canadian for the "N" word? If this is true, what do real Canadians think about it and if it's true, what do we call the real Canadians so we don't offend the black community?

Here is a link to one of the local reporter's blogs, Isiah Carey is a news reporter at the local FOX owned and operated station in Houston, TX.

A word of warning...... on his blog page it does spell out the "N" word. If it offends you in any way do not look.

http://carey2.blogspot.com/2008/01/did-you-know-canadian-in-some-circles.html

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I thought I had heard them all. That is a totally new one on me. In my mind, that is a code that they used in communication amongst themselves. Nobody I know has ever heard this one before.

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
it is a new one on me as well. i will have to ask one of my co-workers about it. he is black.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
well i had to go look it up in the urban dictionary.......well sure enough it is in there. look at #6.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Canadian

6. canadian

Expression for black people used by whites as "code" when they want to refer to blacks in a semi-derogatory manner without being detected in a group of people

"Jeezus, look at all the Canadians out tonight."

this has gotten out of hand big time.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I have few black guys I work with & they call me kracker sometimes but I don't offended at all. But lets say I would call them that word & it would be racism. But if they can call each other it then why is it not wrong then?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
What the f*** is the urban dictionary?

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
kspool said:
What the f*** is the urban dictionary?
It's actually quite funny. I think I checked it out one day. Some words are very clever. I have a "Slang and Euphemism" dictionary. Mostly drug, sex and ethnic slur stuff.

As far as the "canadian" thing. I've never heard of it before.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After looking thru the "urban dictionary" I'm still not convinced about the term. That looks about like the "Ebonics handbook" which I think is a joke as well.

I could see how the new slur name, "Canadians", may have come about.

I see 2 white guys having a simple conversation about a person really from Canada that they didn't like or agree with and a black person over heard their conversation and took it out of text and thought they were talking about him. So then he passed on the "new code word-Canadians" as the new word to described the blacks.

If all this stuff is true, I go back to a question I had. Do we now have to look around to see if there is any blacks around if we are truly having a conversation about real Canadians? And what do the real Canadians think about all of this.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Well I guess I can tell my son to start calling all of his workers at McDonalds cCnadians then. He was trying to figure out what to say back when they call him Snowwhite for being the only white person that works there. I told him he was just an oreo, he's the creme filling all stuck in the middle!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow, that is dumb that they released it. I guess it is public records. I'll ask my friends, they are living urban dictionaries LOL

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
i asked my black co-worker and he said he has never heard the term.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
It doesn't matter what race said it, it is disguting, like BBT said, "OK here is the deal....I believe one of the assistant DA's sent an email to the DA or someone else and it used the word "Canadians" in it to describe some of the jury members. Now the black community here is saying that "Canadian" is slang for the "N" word. Everyone I have talked to has never heard this until now. I'm sorry but they lost me on this one and I do not understand how the two go together. When did this start? How did it come about using Canadian for the "N" word? If this is true, what do real Canadians think about it and if it's true, what do we call the real Canadians so we don't offend the black community?

Here is a link to one of the local reporter's blogs, Isiah Carey is a news reporter at the local FOX owned and operated station in Houston, TX.

A word of warning...... on his blog page it does spell out the "N" word. If it offends you in any way do not look.

http://carey2.blogspot.com/2008/01/did-you-know-canadian-in-some-circles.html
We all live in an a country called THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
None of our ancestors were born here, unless you are Indian, Our Ancestors all migrated here to make it better for our future families!!! Why can't we just agree to make it a better environment for everyone, instead of arguing over race. It shouldn't matter, as long as everyone here is busting there butt, to make tomorrow a better day than it was today!!!!!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Weren't the Indians born in India?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That will probably be the next slur name they say is used to substitute for the N word.

I just wish everybody could get over the race card issue. I used to be a little negative towards other races, but as the years go by and I get older, it doesn't bother me now. We live in the USA and there is at least a member of every single race here, so we might as well get along and make it work.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Does that mean that we will have to change the name of this smiley? Put your curser over it and see what it says it is.....LOL! :canadian:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Ken you are such a racist, lol

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Does that mean that we will have to change the name of this smiley? Put your curser over it and see what it says it is.....LOL! :canadian:
Don't make me say something to Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson! LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts