• Race 11 of Verizon IndyCar Series season (June 26-27). ... Juan Pablo Montoya leads the championship standings by 27 points over Team Penske teammate Will Power.
• Entry list: 23 cars entered
• 411: Tickets and event information
• For spectators: All events and times local on June 27. A full-field autograph session is from 10-11 a.m. in the INDYCAR Fan Village. Also, an array of activities will be in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone, including California Amateur Skateboard League exhibition; Lucas Oil Products Slick Mist Summer Shine car show; Ronny North concert (10 a.m.) on main stage; Metal Mulisha Motorcycle stunt show; Lucha Libre wrestling exhibition; Lefty's Driver Story Time with Gabby Chaves; Walk of Fame ceremony with Tony Kanaan (11 a.m.; Gate C); Mark Mackay concert (11:30 a.m.) on main stage.
• Twitter: @ACSupdates, #MAVTV500; @IndyCar, #IndyCar
• TV: NBCSN telecasts taped qualifications at 9 p.m. (Pacific) June 26 and the race live at 1 p.m. (Pacific) June 27. Leigh Diffey is the lead announcer, alongside analysts Steve Matchett and Paul Tracy. Pit reporters are Jon Beekhuis, Kevin Lee, Kelli Stavast and Robin Miller.
• Web: Live streaming video of Verizon IndyCar Series practices and qualifications in conjunction with real-time Timing & Scoring and the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network broadcasts is available on RaceControl.IndyCar.com. … For the race, Timing & Scoring and the radio network broadcast.
• Radio: All Verizon IndyCar Series races are broadcast live on the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network, Sirius 212, XM 209, Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and on the INDYCAR 15 app. Verizon IndyCar Series qualifying is broadcast on Sirius 212, XM 209, Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR 15 app. Verizon IndyCar Series practice sessions are on Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR 15 app. Paul Page is chief announcer with analyst Jaques Lazier.
• INDYCAR 15 app: Verizon Wireless puts fans in the driver's seat with its INDYCAR 15 app, which has been enhanced with features such as an interactive 3D live view with real-time leaderboard and car telemetry to see where a fan's favorite driver is positioned, in-car camera video streaming from cameras that move 360 degrees and driver to pit crew conversation.Download it today
• Race laps: 250 on the 2-mile, D-shaped oval with 14 degrees of banking in turns
• Pit box dimensions: 40 x 14 feet
• Race weekend fuel: 80 U.S. gallons of Sunoco E85 for practice/qualifications; 130 gallons for race
• Tires: 15 sets of Firestone Firehawks for the weekend
Verizon IndyCar Series on-track times (all times Pacific/local):
Friday, June 26
8:30-9:30 a.m. -- Practice 1 (rookies only)
9:30-10:15 a.m. – Practice 2 (all cars)
12:45-2 p.m. -- Practice 3 (all cars)
4:45 p.m. -- Single-car qualifications (two laps)
Saturday, June 271:36 p.m. -- Green flag
• He said it: "It's a track where you've got to keep up with the changes. Any time you start the race in the day and you run into the late afternoon, there are a lot of things you've got to try to keep up with. But the cool thing about Fontana on the racing side is the sheer fact you've got so many lanes to choose from. You can take the bottom lane all the way up to the top, which is almost four, five or six different lines drivers use at various parts of the race." -- Scott Dixon
• Points: Driver, entrant and engine manufacturer receive points corresponding to their finish in the race (manufacturer points are awarded to the top three Chevrolet and Honda finishers). Bonus points for driver/entrant also are awarded for Verizon P1 Award (1 point), leading the most laps (2 points) and leading a lap (1 point). Engine manufacturer bonus points are awarded for Verizon P1 Award (1 point) and leading the most laps (2 points).
• 2014 race: Tony Kanaan, who started seventh, led Chip Ganassi Racing Teams teammate Scott Dixon across the start-finish line by 3.6750 seconds to win the 500-mile race. Ed Carpenter, who won the race in 2012 and was runner-up in 2013, placed third. Helio Castroneves earned the Verizon P1 Award in qualifying with a two-lap average speed of 218.540 mph.
• Two-lap qualifying record: Will Power of Team Penske (220.775 mph) on Oct. 18, 2013.
• Of note: Carlos Munoz of Andretti Autosport won the 2012 and 2013 Indy Lights races at Auto Club Speedway. ... Motorsports journalist Dave Despain will be the grand marshal. His weekly TV series "The Dave Despain Show" will return to the MAVTV network July 12. ... AJ Foyt Racing's Jack Hawksworth will visit patients June 25 at Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital in San Bernardino, Calif. ... The MAVTV 500 will be the 14th Indy car race at Auto Club Speedway. Mark Blundell won the first Indy car race in 1997. ... Verizon IndyCar Series team co-owner Jimmy Vasser, Adrian Fernandez and Sam Hornish Jr. are the only drivers to win at Auto Club Speedway more than once. Ed Carpenter (2012), Power (2013) and Kanaan (2014) are past winners entered. ... Kanaan has finished on the podium in five of his past six races at Auto Club Speedway. Carpenter has finished on the podium in his past three races at the track. ... The No. 3 Hitachi Team Penske crew of Castroneves claimed the Firestone Pit Stop Performance Award at the Honda Indy Toronto on June 14 with a total pit lane time of 1 minute, 26.278 seconds. This is the crew's second Pit Stop Performance win in the past four races (Chevrolet Dual in Detroit, Race 1). The crew will receive its $10,000 award during pre-race festivities for the MAVTV 500.