Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that the captains and co-captains on some of the NFL teams wear a "C" on their uniform. Does anyone know what's written under the "C"? I thought maybe Captain, (duh), but it looks like something else and I can't quite make out what it is. Also, how come not all teams are wearing them? They all are in the same script, so I would imagine it is a league mandate, but apparently not. In other sports where they wear them, they usually select their own script. Anyone know?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
geebi said:
It means they are a team Captain.
I know the "C" means Captain, I just was curious what was under it, now I know as Tater said stars, but I still don't know why all teams aren't using them. Their choice I guess.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
hope this answers all the questions. i found this on 2 different sites.

Different teams have different policies of how to pick captains. Some teams put the "C" on as many as six players' jerseys; others put as few as two (the Colts, for instance, have just Peyton Manning as offensive captain and Gary Brackett as defensive captain). A few teams have decided not to use the "C" patch at all.(AOL sports)

Team captains this year will be wearing a special captain's patch on the upper-right chest area (as you can sort of see here). The patches will be color-coordinated to match each jersey, and the gold star underneath the "C" marks the number of years that the player has been a captain under the league's new captaincy initiative. (ESPN)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JoKeR_20 said:
hope this answers all the questions. i found this on 2 different sites.

Different teams have different policies of how to pick captains. Some teams put the "C" on as many as six players' jerseys; others put as few as two (the Colts, for instance, have just Peyton Manning as offensive captain and Gary Brackett as defensive captain). A few teams have decided not to use the "C" patch at all.(AOL sports)

Team captains this year will be wearing a special captain's patch on the upper-right chest area (as you can sort of see here). The patches will be color-coordinated to match each jersey, and the gold star underneath the "C" marks the number of years that the player has been a captain under the league's new captaincy initiative. (ESPN)
That does it! Thanks Joker!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts