Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this may shed some light on the $64,000 question. I saw this this evening, the WC 4 Car Commemorative Tin Set. Where is CASEY MEARS?

2008 CHEVY BOWTIE DAYTONA 500 COMMEMORATIVE FOUR CAR TIN. THIS COMES WITH A 1/64 #88 DALE EARNHARDT JR.( 2004 DAYTONA WINNER ) JIMMIE JOHNSON #48 ( 2006 DAYTONA WINNER ) JEFF GORDON #24 ( 1997-1999-2005 WINNER ) AND 2008 DAYTONA 500 COMMEMORATIVE 1/64 COT CARS. See Photo

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Casey Mears in not included because he is not a Daytona 500 winner.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neither are several of the other "2008 Daytona 500" drivers repersented so far. I could accept this if JR had been driving for Hendrick when he won the 500 not DEI.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
The 2008 Daytona 500 hoods are just a selling gimmick. That's all. Same as the tin MA just wanted to do because they could now legally put Gordon, Johnson, and Jr. in the set. They can care less about Mears sadly. I bet we'll see a bunch of 3 car sets this season so they can make a lot more cash by charging more for the sets. Honestly I only want the set for the Bowtie logo. If I have the money might buy two at some point so I can strip the tin and have just the bowtie.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. It's marketing. I may also get two and replace the 08 Daytona car with a Casey Mears. That is if they do one for him.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I am still undecided as to whether I am going to buy this set or not. Same cars-- different display. I still have a bunch of tins that were produced a few years ago and guess were they are. Yep, in their boxes!! If I buy this one, it will probably end up in the same place. Some were pretty cool, like the Steve Park Pennzoil oil filter, Jamie McMurray Havoline can, Jr. Baseballs, etc. There's just no room for them all.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
If I was gonna buy the tin set, I would prolly spring for the set that the RCCA is offering. Ya might as well get the 1/64th Elites. That's how I see it anyway. They are the most realistic.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I don't care about Mears. Of course, I couldn't give a rat's ass about Johnson or Gordon either!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Four Car Hendrick Set

Not real sure about this one. 08 Daytona Promo Car, Gordon 24 , Johnson 48, DE Jr 88. Yes they have all won the Daytona 500. But Gordon and Johnson were Hendrick Drivers, while DE Jr won driving for DEI in the 8 Budweiser.

Seems kind of misleading to put the three drivers together in this set giving the impression ALL THREE ARE HENDRICK DAYTONA WINNING CARS. Marketing at work.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Me thinks in our cynicism, we are over analysing the issue.... :suspious:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Me thinks in our cynicism, we are over analysing the issue.... :suspious:
exactly, this is like the third topic about who isnt in the set, what car is wrong and somebody doesnt like it beuase it is winners circle and not Actions version. i have had to start combining post. by all means voice your opinion, but lets try and keep the post together if it is all about the same topic.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I have to get it just because of Jr. Unfortunately, I am going to have to get a lot of these sets that Hendrick / MA / WC is going to put out. Just to keep up with my collection!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts