Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are starting to quite a bit of rumors about NASCAR for next season. When will the first announcement be made and how much of the following will be true?

Edwards to leave Roush?
Biffle to leave Roush?
Ambrose back to Australia?
Sadler back to cup with One Main?
Ryan Blaney cup ride or full time 22 NNS?
Bubba Wallace full time Gibbs NNS?

I'm sure I'm missing lots of potential ones do feel free to list them. And what are the odds of the above happening?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
The Penske tie up with V8's here seems to have stalled. Latest rumor here is that they will only go ahead with manufacture backing which apparently isn't forth coming at the moment and with Ambrose publicly stating he wants to stay with RPM these last few days it looks like he will stay in the US, assuming he gets resigned of course.

·
Hobbyist Extraordinaire
1,406 Posts
I hope Marcos does in fact stay in NASCAR. It adds so much color to the Cup series having a foreign driving champion here, not to mention someone with his level of pure skill. I don't know what it will take to make him more competitive, but I question if RPM can provide it.

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
It's going to be either Biffle or Edwards announcing they are leaving Roush probably mid to late June we will see something.

Reactions: April

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
The #20 car will go back to Home Depot/Husky sponsership full time and Gibbs will go to a fourth car with Dollar General as a full time sponsor with one of the Ford boys driving.

This is all just guesses of course.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,087 Posts
Edwards to leave Roush? Pretty loyal guy to Roush and Ford, DOUBTFUL but not impossible. He's the aw shucks kind of guy like Martin who appreciates where he started and has run competitively, HE takes bad runs personally instead of pointing at others. least likely to go in my opinion...but...yeah.
Biffle to leave Roush? Doubtful he is picked up by anyone, he is not the sponsor's dream, he is not a winning machine, just not appealing, too many younger talents to think he would be atop anyone's list or he would have been gone by now...I'd guess.
Ambrose back to Australia? Hearing he is staying in the US with cup and has sponsors lined up, likely to continue next season, that's his plan at the moment.
Sadler back to cup with One Main? Like Biffle with less success...he's not ideal for cup. He hasn't proven he can pull it off, even at the NNS level...he is going to continue logging laps and probably slide into a broadcast job at some point.
Ryan Blaney cup ride or full time 22 NNS? young promise, kid with a rep, the type teams are looking for. PROBABLY end up in a full time seat in NNS somewhere.
Bubba Wallace full time Gibbs NNS? Probably going to earn a NNS seat this year or next, wouldn't be shocked to see him take over a ride regularly by the last 6 or 7 races.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
The #20 car will go back to Home Depot/Husky sponsership full time .
This to me sounds like the least likely thing to happen. Don't get me wrong, that would be great, but HD has been decreasing sponsorship ever since Kenseth got on with Dollar General. Yeah, the 20 had a great season last year and have so far this year but have no results to show for it. Despite Bayne coming up with Advocare full time next year I think full time sponsorships are gonna become less and less frequent as time goes on.

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
Another few things I would like to add.

Richard Petty Motorsports 3rd team?
Chip Ganassi 3rd team?... With Kwasniewski?
Regan Smith back to full time in Cup.
Can JTG or Funiture Row finally expand to two teams like they desire?
Will Brian Scott be full time in the 33 next year?
Will drivers like Brett Moffitt, Austin Therieault, Ryan Giffords, Kevin Swindell be given chances?

But the season is 2/3rd of the way from finished. I would rather enjoy 2014 before the Chase starts than begin with 2015.

Reactions: April

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another few things I would like to add.

Richard Petty Motorsports 3rd team?
Chip Ganassi 3rd team?... With Kwasniewski?
Regan Smith back to full time in Cup.
Can JTG or Funiture Row finally expand to two teams like they desire?
Will Brian Scott be full time in the 33 next year?
Will drivers like Brett Moffitt, Austin Therieault, Ryan Giffords, Kevin Swindell be given chances?

But the season is 2/3rd of the way from finished. I would rather enjoy 2014 before the Chase starts than begin with 2015.
Those are good ones.

RPM 3rd team- I doubt think quite yet, but their performance with two is pretty good.

CGR 3rd team- Sure why not they got much better this season. I would hope not with Dylan just yet. Maybe 2016 for him. IMO he needs to run upfront more in NNS.

Regan back to cup- I would love this. He is very solid and doesn't wreck many cars. If he did though I wonder with who?

JTG & Furniture Row 2nd teams- They have a pretty good thing going right now being RCR satellite teams so maybe.

Brian Scott full time- I could sew this, but it would only be for a one year deal most likely. If Ty follows Austins path he will be cup in 2016. RCR just doesn't have room for Brian past 2015. Maybe he'll go to a satellite team.

As for the other drivers given a chance. They probably won't get much besides the few races they do for JRM, Gibbs, etc... I'm not saying that because I don't think they're not talented its just that I don't see things working too well for them except running for small teams.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
Those are good ones.

RPM 3rd team- I doubt think quite yet, but their performance with two is pretty good.

CGR 3rd team- Sure why not they got much better this season. I would hope not with Dylan just yet. Maybe 2016 for him. IMO he needs to run upfront more in NNS.

Regan back to cup- I would love this. He is very solid and doesn't wreck many cars. If he did though I wonder with who?

JTG & Furniture Row 2nd teams- They have a pretty good thing going right now being RCR satellite teams so maybe.

Brian Scott full time- I could sew this, but it would only be for a one year deal most likely. If Ty follows Austins path he will be cup in 2016. RCR just doesn't have room for Brian past 2015. Maybe he'll go to a satellite team.

As for the other drivers given a chance. They probably won't get much besides the few races they do for JRM, Gibbs, etc... I'm not saying that because I don't think they're not talented its just that I don't see things working too well for them except running for small teams.
i see scott staying at RCR for 2016 and menard would be on the odd man out for Ty since shore lodge pays alot more more money then menards does to RCR

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i see scott staying at RCR for 2016 and menard would be on the odd man out for Ty since shore lodge pays alot more more money then menards does to RCR
How do you know Menard's pays less than Shore Lodge? Also Menard is signed through 2016. I can't see any logical reason to give the boot to Menard who runs very solid and his car is paid for by his father.

·
Evil Henchman
4,621 Posts
Time will tell......but, I'd bet it's an announcement regarding Biffle. I don't see Sadler coming back to Cup unless One Main really wants it and they can do a Rent-A-Team like Scott/Mendard are doing. I don't see Scott as a Cup driver at all. He doesn't have the talant in my opinion, but $$$ talks.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Time will tell......but, I'd bet it's an announcement regarding Biffle. I don't see Sadler coming back to Cup unless One Main really wants it and they can do a Rent-A-Team like Scott/Mendard are doing. I don't see Scott as a Cup driver at all. He doesn't have the talant in my opinion, but $$$ talks.
I'm a Sadler fan, but I think his cup days are done. However if One Main foots the bill someone like MWR might pick him up. Menard I think has the talent to say in cup so he earns his ride IMO even though his dad pays for it.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
How do you know Menard's pays less than Shore Lodge? Also Menard is signed through 2016. I can't see any logical reason to give the boot to Menard who runs very solid and his car is paid for by his father.
Because RC Wants Both grandkids to be in cup By 2016 and i dont see Newman lefting anytime soon since he sign on to 2017 so i see menard the odd man out at RCR

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
I know. I swear Menards is a billion dollar company. Not sure shore lodge is.

·
Evil Henchman
4,621 Posts
I'm a Sadler fan, but I think his cup days are done. However if One Main foots the bill someone like MWR might pick him up. Menard I think has the talent to say in cup so he earns his ride IMO even though his dad pays for it.
I think Menard has improved quite a bit and does have the talant to stay in Cup. I agree on Sadler too....if One Main likes him that much and wants to cut the check to go Cup racing then some team will accommodate them. MWR would be a good place because they can add a third team with the shop they have. I was there a few weeks ago and they must have had 30+ cars on the shop floor. There were like 6-8 #56 cars from last year just sitting there. Plus the cars for the #15, #55, and a few #66 cars.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Because RC Wants Both grandkids to be in cup By 2016 and i dont see Newman lefting anytime soon since he sign on to 2017 so i see menard the odd man out at RCR
So you really think Richard is going to be willing to give Menard the boot for Scott? Sorry I just don't see it. Also as Tracy said I think Menard's is the bigger company.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
So you really think Richard is going to be willing to give Menard the boot for Scott? Sorry I just don't see it. Also as Tracy said I think Menard's is the bigger company.
menard's is the 3rd largest hardware store with Lowes and HD 1st and 2nd and when Harvick was leaving it was for austin to come up and I was Meaning menard would be the odd man out for Ty not scott

1 - 20 of 260 Posts