Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
unless it is a custom with a custom box, you just got love how they say they are going to cancel a car and then make it for an employee exclusive.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
unless it is a custom with a custom box, you just got love how they say they are going to cancel a car and then make it for an employee exclusive.
Trying to create another "Fastbreak"......[/b]

·
Registered
564 Posts
Doesn't look like a Custom box. I have seen a guy who makes those and they aren't that good. A Quote from the Description "NASCAR authenticity hologram and is an Elvis Presley's enterprise signature product!!!" Looks like it was released for the Elvis Presley Enterprise. I may be wrong.

It's a funny ting to me that they are doing Jr's Elvis car in both COT but not Harvicks in the regular version. You know they will sell so why not do it. Dumbness on MA's part I guess.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
No clue where that car came from, but I would laugh if that car ended up being easy to find in the next few weeks and people payed that much for it.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the guy got back to me. Here is his response.

I got this car through a friend who works for the Hershey Company (who makes Reese's). I don't believe these cars were ever for sale, but were ordered as a Hershey promotional tool only.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Here's the story right from MA:

The Kevin Harvick Reese's Peanut Butter & Banana Cup Elvis paint scheme that ran in INDY is being built exclusively for a Hershey's wrapper redemption promotion. Please click on the following link for the 1:64-scale promotion.

http://www.hersheys.com/reeses/elvis/discounts-offers.asp

3,024 pieces were produced for Hershey's.

Neither the 1:64-scale and/ or 1:24-scale die-cast was offered to RCCA members. However we did send out a sales sheet that was later cancelled for the dealer network due to the program being exclusive to Hershey's. The car for sale on EBay is authentic (190150243090). We produced the 1:24-scale at 700 pieces exclusively for Hershey's and they are using these for internal/hospitality purposes only. This person could have received one from the INDY hospitality event or internally from Hershey's.

We hope this information was helpful.

Thank you,

Web Admin

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
190150243090 $711 plus shipping handling and Ins. Man! I really want one but WOW and don't know. with 700 out there maybe I'll get lucky and see it in 1/24th!! The 1/64th's are selling for $50-$60. So yea, for a cancelled piece MA is going to have a highly collectable Harvick car, If they don't go out and reproduce it!!. Glad I did the 1/64th promo! That is for sure!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
more will show up now but wont pull the same price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Being a big Elvis fan, I would assume there will be more cars coming! All the gift shops around Graceland would shutter at the thought of NOT having the car. Hell they are still selling Rusty's Elvis car for around $60 last time I was there!

·
Registered
335 Posts
got an email from hersheys today. it stated that no car exists in what was sold in that auction, and they have no idea where it came from. bull........ i've been stonewalled before, but this is about the worst ever. they could just say, they have them, but aren't for the publc.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
It's only a matter of time before more of them start showing up. This is a case where patience will definitely pay off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts