Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be cool to start a guessing game titled "Where will Danica finish this week"?

Just as a side note - I am a fan of Danica Patrick. However, I also am realistic when I do things like a 'Pick Em'. Please only do one pick per week. Only the first pick will count, so even if you do a second, it won't be considered a winning pick. Currently, there are no prizes. Just bragging rights. Let's have fun with this though! I will give shout out's to the winners at the end of every week.

This weeks Race:

Ford EcoBoost 300 @ Bristol

GUESS:
Danica's finishing position: 16th

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have started a spreadsheet and I am putting your all's names next to the respected position. We will do points as well. Here is how I will break down the points.

If you guess correctly, you get 15 pts.

If your pick is within 1 spot, you get 10 Pts
Within 2 spots, 8 pts
Within 3 Spots, 6 Pts
Within 4 spots, 4 Pts.
Within 5 Spots 2 Pts.

If you are 6 spots off or more (IE, you guess 20 and she finished 26th or worse or 14th or better, you get no points that week.)

This should be fun!!! Keep guessing. Deadline to get picks in will be Noon the day of the race.

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Why do people always have to single Danica out ? This is what iritates me about her coming to NASCAR.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Every driver is singled out to some extent. It's part of NASCAR. I single out Tony Stewart every week. NASCAR has a pick em every week in their fatasy where they single out 20 drivers and have them go head to head, and you pick who will beat who. You can even bet on drivers in Vegas, so Vegas is always singling out drivers.

Being a Danica fan, It will be nice seeing her prove some of our predictions wrong. However, this is about having fun. If you don't like it, you don't need to participate.

God Bless,

- Chad

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
No, not every driver. Everyone puts Danica in a microscope and it is very irritating. It bothered me during her first couple years in Indycar and this is one of the reasons I dreaded her coming to NASCAR because I knew it would happen all over again, this time its even worse.

I am the biggest Danica fan there is and yes she is great for media and NASCAR exposure but let the girl race, make mistakes, and learn like every other new driver, and become a great NASCAR driver like she was in Indycar. She doesnt need all the pressure everyone puts on her. I feel her pain there. This is why I hate threads like this. They dont belong and have no rhyme or reason.

It may sound bitter but that is the way I feel. Everyone has to jump the Danica bandwagon and see how good or bad she does. She is a great driver and she is human too. Let her enjoy what she does and thats race!

Oh, and I will not predict a finish in this thread...:wink:

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I respect that opinion. The good news is that this threat shouldn't interfere with how she does on the track in any way, which I hope is extremely well. I also don't think this thread will add pressure to her either. Trust me when I say, I believe she has talent too and deserves to be where she is at. I still think she can be a Nationwide championship contender before the next year or two.

Thanks for the input. Enjoy the rest of the forum my friend.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Correction to my most recent post... I meant to say "This thread" - not threat.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
No, not every driver. Everyone puts Danica in a microscope and it is very irritating. It bothered me during her first couple years in Indycar and this is one of the reasons I dreaded her coming to NASCAR because I knew it would happen all over again, this time its even worse.

I am the biggest Danica fan there is and yes she is great for media and NASCAR exposure but let the girl race, make mistakes, and learn like every other new driver, and become a great NASCAR driver like she was in Indycar. She doesnt need all the pressure everyone puts on her. I feel her pain there. This is why I hate threads like this. They dont belong and have no rhyme or reason.

It may sound bitter but that is the way I feel. Everyone has to jump the Danica bandwagon and see how good or bad she does. She is a great driver and she is human too. Let her enjoy what she does and thats race!

Oh, and I will not predict a finish in this thread...:wink:
You are correct; however, Danica is different and in some ways she draws attention to herself. I am not saying it is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is what it is. Personally, I am a fan and I would like to see her succeed.

When Danica first hit NASCAR, most of her diecast was snatched up by speculators and then resold for big bucks. Now the prices have leveled out, but the attention is still there. Her cup debut elite (at 500 pieces) sold out.

I will predict a finish-- 8th.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
4th.... I'm a Danica Fan too....

1 - 20 of 102 Posts