Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Which series do you follow and watch regularly? (Select all that apply)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was the best racing day of the year, but it made me think of something. I could be wrong, but I feel like the race fans who watch and follow multiple forms of racing is a rare breed. I think there's a lot of NASCAR fans who don't really care about anything else, which is too bad. There's so much more to the racing world than just NASCAR, and other series often provide better racing. The Indy 500 was without question the best race today.

So I ask you, which series do you follow and watch regularly? I mainly follow NASCAR and IndyCar but I'll watch and follow pretty much everything to some extent. The only things I can say that I've never had any interest in are drag racing and motorcycle racing.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
NASCAR is my main series, but I have become a huge Indycar fan the past year and a half. I also really enjoy Rallycross.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,241 Posts
You forgot Global Rally Cross ;)

I'd watch IndyCar and GRC if I had cable and didn't have to rely on online streaming, but it's hard to get into a series when I usually cant watch the events (or it's much harder to) and I'm hoping to got to the GRC event in Seattle in September

Reactions: Erikjef24

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should've added RallyCross to the poll, it slipped my mind. I enjoy watching that as well.

Reactions: April

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
NASCAR/IndyCar are my primary series that I follow. Keep an eye on late model/super late model racing, pay really close attention to the majors. Follow Forumula1 and watch when I'm an insomniac, LOL.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
World of Outlaws and Nascar mainly but NHRA much more so than Indy Car, so I included it as well. IDK what it is, Indy Car has just lost it in my mind, other than the 500. I'll watch that race most likely till the day I die.

·
Lurking in the Shadows
1,310 Posts
NASCAR, ARCA and IndyCar.

I really enjoy ARCA Racing, that's the proving ground for young up comers.. IndyCar I recently got into. Fun to watch! NASCAR since 1999.

·
Living the racing life.
280 Posts
Really anything that's competitive... it could be an off balance washer vs an off balance dryer racing each other and I'd watch it...

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
NASCAR
NATIONWIDE AS LONG AS THERE IS SOME ONE I LIKE
TRUCKS
K&N WEST Because our friend son is running first year in a top flight ride and starting to come around.
WOO
King Of The West
Civil War
Race Saver 305 When it Starts in Ca
USAC POWRi anything Rico Abreu the next open wheel Nascar Star.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
I follow a few series...

Cup, NW, Trucks, Tudor Sport Car, V8SC, TORC Short Course, Lucas Oil Short Course, Best in the Desert, Score Offroad.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Of the series listed:
- NASCAR
- IndyCar
- Formula One
- WoO

NASCAR casts a pretty wide net. I watch the Cup series with some degree of regularity. I watch the Nationwide Series on occasion, and will usually make it a point to watch the standalone races, especially Road America. I'll watch the Trucks about 2-3 times a years (this year, I only plan on watching Eldora and Mosport).

Probably haven't watched F1 as much as I used to in the past couple of years, but this year has revived my interest a bit.

I liked and watched both IRL and Champ Car (how scandalous) and watch IndyCar, though I'll admit I struggle to keep interest when they're at the street circuits.

Used to watch V8s when they were on Speed; now I probably watch BTCC more than any other touring car series.

At one point, I watched Grand Am and ALMS on a pretty regular basis, but haven't watched much of the TUSC (seems to be in a bit of disarray). I always watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Never been much of a drag racing fan. Nothing against it, just not my cup of tea.

Watched and kept up with the Outlaws ever since I can remember.

Of the series not listed, my main passion lies with non-wing sprint cars. This year, I've attended USAC, MSCS, and KISS sanctioned sprint races, in addition to non-sanctioned regular sprint shows. I usually keep up with the results of sprint and midget races in the Mid West. For winged sprints, in addition to the WoO, I'll watch the All Stars. I try to stay abreast of what's going on in PA, IA, and CA, to various degrees of success.

Sometimes will watch dirt late models, but not as much as in years past.

Overall, my interest in a particular type of racing will vary from year to year, often based on how much time I have to spare. For example, I might consider F1 my favorite, but then I might get bored with it a couple of years down the road for no real reason. That's what makes racing so great; it's so varied that there will always be something that will keep you entertained.

·
Jeff Fuller's Mustache
3,972 Posts
Just about anything, makes me think of how I miss On The Edge on Speed Channel.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
NASCAR got me into racing as a little kid and not too much longer I got huge into IndyCar and F1. Also have gotten into NHRA and Le Mans over the years. I'm a total racing fanatic. And, yes, I would agree, at the moment the best racing in the world is NOT in NASCAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

G

·
I watch the top 3 Nascar series and the Nascar Canadian Tire series...Gonna be very sad not to be able to watch the truck races in less than a week after my cable provider stops carrying Speed

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Sprint Cup, Nationwide, Trucks, NCATS, Indycar, Tudor

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts