Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm a lil bit of a rookie to these upscale Diecast. :whistle:
(Till not long ago all I had was WC or RC's)
What is the diff tween a Platinum Elite and regular Elite?

What is a White Rose?

I see both of these variations are big bux!! :eek:

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
A platinum Elite is made of platinum, as is a white gold Elite made from white gold. I am not familier w/White Rose.

·
Registered
326 Posts
White Rose was one of the original providers of NASCAR diecast back in the early 90's, 1991 to 1996 if I remember correctly, mostly Transporters. I also think they were tied in with Matchbox before they dropped out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
White Rose teamed up with MB to produce the "racing super stars", but if you start searching OFAS or google for "white rose" you will come up the manufactor white rose police car collection also.
Here is a pic of one, I believe i know someone that has a few of these for sale if interested.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
White Rose was based in PA, and was the exclusive distributor/producer of Matchbox NASCAR items. There were quite a few cars that were ONLY available from Matchbox (aka, White Rose...I've never used the White Rose name when disgussing them).

They produced cars from 1990-1997. I have them all....Took me 15 years but I finally completed the set!! Some are incredibly hard to find...

They also sponsored Phil Parsons in the Busch series on and off from 1992-1994. They stayed as a contingency in 1995 when he picked up the Luxaire sponsorship too. He actually won with one of their many paint schemes in 1994. They ran at least 5 different schemes with him in Busch, all with the #29 team. They also were on the #7 Cup car of Jimmy Hensley for several races in 1993 after Alan Kulwicki was killed :(

By the way...the Platinum and gold cars are not made from Gold or Platinum...Just covered in it. It would be far too cost-prohibitive to produce and entire car out of platinum especially!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I know the cars are not made entirely out of platinum or white gold. I assumed that was a given.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FFighter_21 said:
I know the cars are not made entirely out of platinum or white gold. I assumed that was a given.
WHOA imagine the cost of those puppies if they were solid cast! :eek:
I'm sure they are plated only... and cost plenty with just that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts